Geo filter

TODDzillaInLA

Correct Todd, 

But once it selects the server after you're connected to a game, you then can click on it to allow or deny. I am coneected to a game right now and this is what popped up in the auto ping after I got connected. This is the server I'm connected to at this time I'm guessing. I am not a pro with the R2, hell this is my 3rd post or something but I wanted to share in hopes it works for you.

geoFilter3.JPG

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

then can you make a recommendation for them to add Xbox, because there is one that says play station under the auto part if i remember correctly. ill check when i get home

I just checked and it's just PC specific services so for consoles always choose manual.

16 minutes ago, IROH said:

Correct Todd, 

But once it selects the server after you're connected to a game, you then can click on it to allow or deny. I am coneected to a game right now and this is what popped up in the auto ping after I got connected. This is the server I'm connected to at this time I'm guessing. I am not a pro with the R2, hell this is my 3rd post or something but I wanted to share in hopes it works for you.

geoFilter3.JPG

You are blocking just by using the radius/polygons but if you get into a game within those rules and it doesn't play well then you can deny it so you don't play it in future.

any clue to what might of caused it? also when trying to use to congestion control auto setup it freezes you have to reload the browser then enter the values manually and for mine its asking to bandwidth to be at 100 with is 1000mb and 9 for upload which is 90mb then it gives me a hard time cause it doesnt like to be set that low i guess

• Administrators
13 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

any clue to what might of caused it? also when trying to use to congestion control auto setup it freezes you have to reload the browser then enter the values manually and for mine its asking to bandwidth to be at 100 with is 1000mb and 9 for upload which is 90mb then it gives me a hard time cause it doesnt like to be set that low i guess

It probably ran out of memory, if it happens again we have a firmware we can use to gather some more information and confirm if that is the case. It freezes using Chrome? Yeah we do need to do some improvements on Auto Setup and we have in later versions. What do you mean it gives you a hard time?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

yeah says the value is to low

Oh it comes up with the warning box? That's fine it's just making you aware it is quite low so could have the opposite effect. I would just use the percentages that you find work for you at the moment.

just reaching out to the community to see if anyone is aware of any connection issues over the past few days (R1 with Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro)?

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Geo-Filter (current settings have been working for over 12 months now without a glitch so far):
I have deleted the device and assigned it back again after flushing the cloud (no change)
Strickt mode is set to off and filtermode is on (with filter mode set to spectating the problem goes away)
My normal distance settings are 1500km around S. Germany, which no longer work

Beaver errors with Geo-Filter set under 7000km:
I can spawn to a PvE location with no problems, e.g. Earth EDZ
I cannot spawn in the tower or start PvP matches (always get beavered)

Delayed beaver errors with Geo-Filter set to 8000km:
I can spawn in the tower or start PvP matches after getting a warning message that I am getting network problems.  A minute or 2 later I get beavered.

If I set the distance to over 8500km everything returns back to normal.

In all the attempts there is always a dedicated server in Texas that pops up just before getting beavered.  If I include this server to be within the distance everything is ok.  I have tried to add the server but it gets a new ID every time.

Images with server just outside and just inside of set distance (not working and working)

filter-error-1.pngfilter-error-2.png

Any help would be really greatful.  I find Destiny very clunky without my trusted router 🙂
Sprout

• Administrators

You were doing the right thing by adding it to your allow list. There are usually quite a few servers located in the same location so you may need to apply it a few times before you get them all. Could you put the IDs of those servers in this form to be whitelisted so we can add it to the cloud please?

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 11:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You were doing the right thing by adding it to your allow list. There are usually quite a few servers located in the same location so you may need to apply it a few times before you get them all. Could you put the IDs of those servers in this form to be whitelisted so we can add it to the cloud please?

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/

Hi Frazer, I've submitted 44 servers so far (all using the same icon on the map and still finding new servers). It seems that there are new server being listed every day. Is anyone else in the EU posting Destiny 2 sever IDs located in USA or am I the only one?

Thanks for your support

PS: It's tough playing with the spectating mode enabled.  I really am looking forward to getting my R1 Geo Location back to normal.

PSS: it would make it much easier if I could export the server list using some kind of button (IDs formatted using commas).  Even better would be to right click and submit to you directly.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Sproutcore said:

Hi Frazer, I've submitted 44 servers so far (all using the same icon on the map and still finding new servers). It seems that there are new server being listed every day. Is anyone else in the EU posting Destiny 2 sever IDs located in USA or am I the only one?

Thanks for your support

PS: It's tough playing with the spectating mode enabled.  I really am looking forward to getting my R1 Geo Location back to normal.

PSS: it would make it much easier if I could export the server list using some kind of button (IDs formatted using commas).  Even better would be to right click and submit to you directly.

Wow thanks a lot! It's more likely we need to do some Geo-Filter changes rather than an update but that will definitely help. Yes we are considering the best way to do that in future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There is further improvement we want to make to the feature, eventually allowing you to choose how aggresive it is. The test will depend on the time of day as well as general usage. So if you try it again at more of a peak time does it advise differently?