Geo filter

TODDzillaInLA

Do not think its working. anyone can connect to me with out having to add and allow and out of 6 people in a party only 1 will show up on the geo filter map. it also does not show what servers i am connecting to. sometimes my ping will be 12 to 16 which is awesome but then im stuck in lobbies that are 60+ ping and no one on death chat sounds like me lol

• Administrators

Could you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing exactly?

I'd suggest hard turning off the console, deleting the device from the Geo-Filter. Flushing the cloud, readding the device, wait 2 minutes and then boot up the console and see if it behaves the same.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing exactly?

I'd suggest hard turning off the console, deleting the device from the Geo-Filter. Flushing the cloud, readding the device, wait 2 minutes and then boot up the console and see if it behaves the same.

ok just did all this, im adding the device back. for geo filter it says call of duty pc only, im on xbox do i still select this?

and for qos there is a play station or gaming console assuming i should use gaming console?

UPDATE: it made it worse nothing pops up at all now

• Administrators

The one out of your radius that is a whitelisted chat server and the one inside your radius that is the game server as it is the biggest so it all looks fine there. You could see if there is anything else by zooming out but I think that's all good.

Should i not have to approve friends that are outside my circle? and yes nothing else shows up on the map and on the r1 it would show all the people in the lobby

alot of the games i noticed the ping is 60 plus afte a while, i delete the device re add and the first couple games are 12 to no higher then 20ms

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Should i not have to approve friends that are outside my circle? and yes nothing else shows up on the map and on the r1 it would show all the people in the lobby

alot of the games i noticed the ping is 60 plus afte a while, i delete the device re add and the first couple games are 12 to no higher then 20ms

If it's doing P2P yes but it looks like it has transitioned to a server - you're on the Xbox bleeding edge updates aren't you so they may be testing that. That doesn't really make any sense, how long between games is that? Is it the exact same server ID?

i dont know, its just strange cause it only shows that same 2 icons and no matter if i set it to 69 miles, 311 miles or 1500 miles it makes no difference or it shows no icons at all, its not even showing the yellow dedicated servers i see in other peoples pictures when the game first launches, i believe the geo filter is not making a difference at all, i think its only a better connection because it supports the higher bandwidth. When the xbox series x comes out im not putting that one in the preview program so it elements any of this second guessing

• Administrators

Bandwidth doesn't matter for games so that won't be it. Remove the device completely, hard turn off the console, then flush the cloud. Re-add the device, change the settings to what you want then wait 2 minutes and then boot up the console and see if you see icons more often then. Yes I think that would definitely be a good idea.

nothing change still the same 2 icons. dont you want to be ahead of the curve instead of behind it tho? pc ps and xbox all have alpha programs, just to eliminate this i took my sons xbox one s that is not in the preview program and its having the same problem.

when setting up geo filter after selecting device it ask for:

recommend a mode for my game
Choose manually

when you hit recommend it says call of duty for pc only? why?

• Administrators

It does look like it's blocking/allowing correctly. It is odd that is all you're seeing. If you use it in Spectating Mode/toggle off Filtering mode what do you see? Yes but we're also not going to put lots of work into trying to support something that is fluid and might chance. That is generally why we don't rely on game betas. Recommend just pulls up the entire list of services you can choose from.

ok so i messed with this for about 5 hours last night, the only way it kinda works like it did on the r1 is by adding the device then setting it to manuel then selecting nothing at all

why not have call of duty for console like you do for pc? and fix what ever cloud settings so it shows things correctly on the map (right locations)

• Administrators

Manually is best for consoles yes. We're unable to distinguish individual games etc on a console that's why its used as a whole, makes it much easier that way really. Yes we will be doing more clouds as well, work with Ping Heatmap will help us with this.

I am having a smimilar issue. I have done everything you (Netduma Fraser) mentioned here but I have never seen a device in the geo filter map. I see the on the ping heat map but I never see anything in geo filter and I am having the worst lobbies at 75ms and above. I bought this router because it was said to assist with this but it has not done anything but route data. If you could assist me with properly setting this up I would appreciate that as I would like to give the router a shot before asking for a refund.  

• I have done the following already:
  • Under device manage I named and selected the device type (Xbox) for my console 
  • created a device using the recommended and choose manually options.
  • I have selected the call of duty profile in geo filter to see if that worked.
  • I turned on the poloygon mode to draw out a map,

All of which have failed. I looked for a manual under the site but I only saw one for the R1. I would like to know more about the router so I can work with it on my own in the future but right now I would like to ask for assistance as I know nothing about this device and willing to learn.  

Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

geoFilter.JPG

pingHeatMap.JPG

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, IROH said:

I am having a smimilar issue. I have done everything you (Netduma Fraser) mentioned here but I have never seen a device in the geo filter map. I see the on the ping heat map but I never see anything in geo filter and I am having the worst lobbies at 75ms and above. I bought this router because it was said to assist with this but it has not done anything but route data. If you could assist me with properly setting this up I would appreciate that as I would like to give the router a shot before asking for a refund.  

• I have done the following already:
  • Under device manage I named and selected the device type (Xbox) for my console 
  • created a device using the recommended and choose manually options.
  • I have selected the call of duty profile in geo filter to see if that worked.
  • I turned on the poloygon mode to draw out a map,

All of which have failed. I looked for a manual under the site but I only saw one for the R1. I would like to know more about the router so I can work with it on my own in the future but right now I would like to ask for assistance as I know nothing about this device and willing to learn.  

Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Did you add the device to the Geo-Filter prior to booting up the console? If not hard turn off the console, delete the device from the Geo-Filter, flush the cloud, add it back, wait 2 minutes and boot up the console. If that still doesn't work check the IP of the console in the console network settings and compare that to the Device Manager to see if the device you think is the xbox is correct.

Thanks Fraser, 

I did what you requested. 

The xbox is using a static IP address so we are good to go there. 

I removed it from the geo filter, flushed the cloud. 

Added it back then turned on the console. 

I see auto ping servers pop up some times but nothing else. I can not click on the one I see pop up as it tells me I can't due to auto ping.  Then in the auto ping box I'll see the allow or deny for sec but I can never get to fast enough to click it as it just flashes then its gone.Am I suppose to do something else while the console is on and I am in the multiplayer lobby?

geoFilter2.JPG

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, IROH said:

Thanks Fraser, 

I did what you requested. 

The xbox is using a static IP address so we are good to go there. 

I removed it from the geo filter, flushed the cloud. 

Added it back then turned on the console. 

I see auto ping servers pop up some times but nothing else. I can not click on the one I see pop up as it tells me I can't due to auto ping. Am I suppose to do something else while the console is on and I am in the multiplayer lobby?

When you're in the lobby search for a game, do you see icons being blocked and when you get into a game do you see an icon within your radius?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Manually is best for consoles yes. We're unable to distinguish individual games etc on a console that's why its used as a whole, makes it much easier that way really. Yes we will be doing more clouds as well, work with Ping Heatmap will help us with this.

then can you make a recommendation for them to add Xbox, because there is one that says play station under the auto part if i remember correctly. ill check when i get home

Alright!

I see what you mean now. I must be in a game (connected to a lobby) then the auto ping window will stay long enough to decide if I want to allow or deny it. I am also able to use the in game ping rate to see where it connects (25ms 48ms or 58ms) and use that as another indicator of allowing a server or not. Awesome!Thank you Fraser I will continue to mess with it until I build a good list of servers and hopefully I can explain it to some other newbie like myself down the road.