Unable to establish internet

Mossberg

I just received the R2(from XR500) and have spent the last hour unable to establish an internet connection. 

I view the Device Manager(as table), All 4 of my devices are seen as “connected”(plugged in).

Though, at the device table, none of them are able to establish an internet connection. The devices will only establish a brief connection if I restart the device. They will be connected for a few seconds/mins before they disconnect.

The “internet” light on the router is solid. No device, lan or wifi can establish a connection to the internet. 

I’m in New York. ISP is Verizon FIOS. 

As I view the Device Table, I can see each of the devices disconnect, then reconnect with a different ip. It just keeps doing this from device to device until all of them go offline. ((Correction, they are not obtaining a different IP when they reconnect))

Right now, it seems to only disconnect between 2 devices. My leak sensor device and my CCTV DVR. They just keep disconnecting and reconnecting. My Xbox and Google Mesh appear to have “stabilized” and are no longer apart of this deadly cycle. 

34B6A937-BD45-4A9E-9C6E-65ECCF656CC3.jpeg

FC1E4B3C-5545-4679-8DB8-1FC9092CC649.jpeg

• Administrators

It's possible this hot fix firmware will help to resolve your issues:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

No good. Same (2) devices are unable to get resolved. 

You said 2 devices but previously it was all of them, do your other devices now have a connection? Have you disabled QoS fully in Congestion Control? If so please re-enable it and see if it works.

The 4 devices was at the very beginning, that was worked out somehow but the 2 other devices connected have yet to establish a connection. 

QOS has not been modified. These devices remain in this loop of trying to connect, think it’s connected, then disconnect...rinse and repeat.

I’ve done factory reset a few times. All result in the same thing. I’ve changed cables. Reset the other devices. Nothing has worked. 

There’s literally nothing else that could possibly be the issue. I may have to return it unfortunately. 

• Administrators

Hi @Mossberg, thank-you for purchasing the R2. And sorry about the issues you're experiencing. We've got developers looking into it as we speak.

My understanding from reading the thread is the following, please let me know if correct:

• You have two devices that will not connect but the rest will connect fine
  • The two devices in question are wired therefore all wireless connections have Internet connectivity
  • Can you change the LAN port of a device that does not connect with one that does. Are you able to get connectivity through that port with a different device?

• Administrators

Hi @Mossberg, the error is happening because the two devices are not acquiring a LAN IP address. So could you answer the questions above. Hopefully we can rule out the possibility of the unit having faulty ports by getting another wired device to get Internet connectivity via that port.

If that is the case can you plug in the ethernet for one of the two devices that can't connect to the Internet and after doing so copy the log file from sysinfo and paste it here. We can then further toubleshoot the issue. 

The particular devices won’t connect on any port and now, the other devices do not work on any port. This was how it was when I first connected to the R2(earlier in thread, I stated that no devices were able to establish a connection). 

My power went out, so now I can’t test any further but I tried resetting and it would just keep trying to connect for a brief moment and then disconnect repeatedly.

I enter the conversation in case your peripherals which do not connect, have you set upstream a fixed ip on them different from the dhcp proposed by the R2?

• Administrators

Connect one of the wired devices to the R2 LAN port and then open command prompt and type ipconfig and press enter, could you post the results you get please?

Could you also go to System Information and in the log panel options download the log file and post it here please?