Unable to establish internet

Mossberg

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Mossberg said:

The particular devices won’t connect on any port and now, the other devices do not work on any port. This was how it was when I first connected to the R2(earlier in thread, I stated that no devices were able to establish a connection). 

My power went out, so now I can’t test any further but I tried resetting and it would just keep trying to connect for a brief moment and then disconnect repeatedly.

Thanks for the info @Mossberg. Can I just clarify the following. Wireless devices can connect but wired devices cannot connect?

For example can you confirm that your xbox connects to the Internet with wireless but is unable to do so wired? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Iain said:

Thanks for the info @Mossberg. Can I just clarify the following. Wireless devices can connect but wired devices cannot connect?

For example can you confirm that your xbox connects to the Internet with wireless but is unable to do so wired? 

Correct. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Connect one of the wired devices to the R2 LAN port and then open command prompt and type ipconfig and press enter, could you post the results you get please?

Could you also go to System Information and in the log panel options download the log file and post it here please?

@Netduma Fraser

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.23.18 AM.png

log-1597329262410.txt

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Correct. 

Ok thanks for the information.

Could you please enable remote tech support so we can remotely debug your unit please?

@Netduma Fraser, If Mossberg needs any help allowing WAN access to the unit could you help. For example putting the R2 in the modem of the upstream modem. 

• Administrators

@Mossberg Just to try and preempt any issues please follow these instructions:

• Have the R2 directly connected to your modem. If it that 'modem' provides WiFi then please put it in modem or bridge mode. Otherwise put the WAN IP from System Information on the R2 into the 'modem' DMZ.
  • In WAN Settings on the R2 enable access to remote technical support.

As of today, yes...the issue remains.

BUT, after hooking up the R2 this morning for the first time since last week...I had an amazing COD experience. Hit detection was ridiculous. Very optimistic about the future of the R2.

I will reinitiate this thread next week when I have some additional time to follow up because I want you guys to have all the data needed to work out any issues we’re having. 

Thank you.

• Administrators

All we need at the moment is for remote tech support to be enabled and then we can take a look and you don't even need to do anything, just let us know when you've done it! Glad to hear you had a good experience!