XR500 VS Netduma R2

On 12/24/2022 at 4:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the XR500 and R2 both have this feature

Cool, thank you. might need to try the xr500 out again for better wifi. You guys are the only gaming router with geo filter?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes we are, it's patent protected, we created it

Gotcha, yeah I figured that. Appreciate the info man. Gonna try the xr500 again, and hope the wifi issues improve. Btw, ive been reading alot that the traffic prioritization causes delays in hit reg. Are you guys aware of any of that?

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, SocomRaised said:

Gotcha, yeah I figured that. Appreciate the info man. Gonna try the xr500 again, and hope the wifi issues improve. Btw, ive been reading alot that the traffic prioritization causes delays in hit reg. Are you guys aware of any of that?

I don't think the feature itself would cause that but we're working a lot on DPI at the moment that will have a positive impact

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think the feature itself would cause that but we're working a lot on DPI at the moment that will have a positive impact

When is that update supposed to roll out?

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CheckoutCoachCam said:

Does the XR500 offer any advantages over the R2 in regards to gaming over Ethernet? Or is the XR500 only better in terms of Wifi?

Not really, the main difference is that the hardware is a bit more powerful. The Wi-Fi coverage would be better on the XR500, otherwise once the XR500 is up-to-date on firmware they'll perform about the same for wired devices.