New User cant get Open NAT on XR300 and Vigor130 setup

Hi Guys.

I have been trying to setup a new home network to help with Qos and Geo-Filter on the XR300 combined with the Vigor130. I have tried multiple times, using port forwarding, but I cant get my NAT to show as OPEN. Also, I have a Serviio media server that also fails to connect to my smart TV's using the same port forwarding methods. Below is a SS of my port settings. (My PC has had a static iP set to 192.168.1.3). 

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

POrt Forwarding.jpg

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In WAN Settings try setting NAT to Open as that will usually do it. 

Hi Fraser.

I have tried that too, yes mate. and still Moderate.

Also when I first connected to the XR300, I had to get the PC to fix the connection, as it was not being used as a DHCP. That was the only way I could connect to the router GUi. 

12 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

How come you've 3074 forwarded twice? Also the ranges 27014-27050 and 27000-27031 overlap each other.

It was just the last way I set the ports up, some UDP and some TCP. I had them all set normally with some set as Both, but then tried setting them all separately.

No, I cant manage to get OPEN using DMZ. I'm new to running a separate Modem, so would the DHCP on each device be causing any issues? Also I cant find any servers for MW in the UK while using Geo-Filter. Just a French one, and multiple peers in a 1000m radius. 

Have you ever had an Open NAT on your home connection?

The Vigor modem is going to be forwarding all ports to your router because that's just how modem's work, so I wonder if the problem is upstream of the modem? AKA it's your ISP's fault.

I can get an OPEN NAT on the isp modem/router, but I wanted to use the XR300 to use QOS and geo-Filter. The Vigor130 has DHCP enabled and so does the XR300. so would that cause issues when port forwarding / DMZ?

When I try to forward ports, the PC name is just a dash (-) does that mean anything?

Update :-  I just assigned my PS4 a static ip of 192.168.1.8, set the DMZ to that ip and launched modern warfare on that. NAT TYPE =OPEN :) 

Changed the DMZ to 192.168.1.2 (pc's ip) and its moderate..... 

Unmarked Device.jpg

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter can sometimes cause a misreading on the game - aka blocking the server they use to check the NAT Type - not actually making the NAT worse. Switch to Spectating mode before the game is booted and if it is open then you can put Filtering Mode back and ignore it. 

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried that method with no success. The reason I think it’s not a mistake NAT type, is that I can no longer connect to my media server (Serviio) on my TV. 
the two ports I forward make no effect. 
:(