XR500 isn’t getting internet

I get internet from my modem to Xbox, so I know internet is working just fine. 

All of a sudden, the XR500 just stopped getting internet from the modem. I’ve rebooted, and reset both modem and XR500. Nothing. I’ve searched on here and set the XR500 as a static IP address. The light for internet will come back white instead of orange, meaning it’s pulling internet. But, no internet is actually coming through. It will even reset my XR500 ip address all by it self after clicking accept. I’ve included pictures just to get a reference. 

I don’t know what else to do. It’s never done this before. 

7800282B-A24B-4C2D-91E4-E59A73180DFA.png

A6982B65-CE28-450A-AB5D-8F65591B2428.png

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

You should not set a static IP adress if your provider doesn't give you one. Try it again on automatic.

It’s not connecting on auto. That’s the issue. It just stopped connecting to the modem for whatever reason. 

Is your modem a stand alone modem only or is it one of those modem router combos in one?

If you look there is a conflict because the XR500 states it had to update the ip address to avoid conflict.

Set the Netgear to get Dynamic. Then try just a simple power cycle of the Netgear.. Something has changed in your Network that cause the XR500 to do that. Something in front of your Netgear.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Did anything on the network change or did you make any changes on the interfaces prior to the issue occurring? Did you try and use the DMZ for example on the hub but put in the XR LAN IP instead of WAN IP? Reboot the router first, wait for that to boot then reboot the modem. Sometimes they can be finicky about how they're booted.