I've noticed alot recently that my prioritised upload packets barely increase compared to my download packets, can anyone offer any advice? I've tried it with various rules, e.g games console, duma classified games, ABB on and off etc but im not managing to improve it. Did a full restart too, both at the plug and through the router UI. As of now my router has been on for 4-5 hours, but I've got  high priority upload packets VS 60060 high priority download packets? Would appreciate any help thanks everyone.

packet prio issue.jpg

Hey Fraser, I wasn't playing a game the entire time no, and yes my console (Xbox1X) is set to instant on. But shouldn't I be seeing alot of uploaded packets in the high priority section? Especially when playing call of duty for example? Because I'd estimate I played for ~1-1.5 hours in that time frame, and it seems like I'll end up in 6 or 7 digits of download high priority but I'll be lucky to get into the 10000s of upload high priority (after some days of use of course, I try not to restart my router too much). Either that or I'm misunderstanding something, I'm far from an expert admittedly. Thank you for the prompt response btw.

I will note its specifically the high priority I'm looking at here too, not the background packets as I'm pretty certain I've seen elsewhere that there doesn't tend to be as many upload packets VS download packets typically.

• Administrators

You're right, even for how long you were playing it should be much higher. We are aware of some issues surrounding the feature on the XR300 but as far as I was aware this was affecting the PS4 mainly. Lets try a manual rule, use the same source ports you have there and do it for the destination also and then select TCP/UDP - this is just a test, I want to see if it goes up a lot more when playing.

Thanks, I will give this a go and see how it goes. I can say though as soon as I input the new rule that it shot straight up to 1799 from 713 which was strange, but I'll try and get a half decent amount of play time in and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.

Hey Fraser, so i played MW for a couple hours last night and a couple more hours tonight and have attached another screenshot of the high priority section. Upload high prio packets still seem fairly minimal compared to download high prio packets though. The high priority traffic has been detected fine as far as I can tell, but i took the screenshot after going offline so the light isn't illuminated. I seem to be having alot of shoot first die first also, although I'm not sure that can be attributed to this alone as its MW, and the servers/online experience haven't ever been good for me in this game regardless of ABB/QoS settings etc. It seems strange how it doesn't seem to change regardless of what prio rules I use, or QoS settings etc, but if you need any further info let me know. Cheers.

1902435669_packetprioissue2.thumb.jpg.40c95e0791941b3dbe8b3a58ec2b1eb1.jpg 

I also have an XR300 and seem to have the same issue. It works fine for a little bit after a reboot, then seems to just stop detecting anything as high priority after a coupe of days. Since this is an issue is it worth turning QoS off until it is fixed with 3.0?