Cod port forwarding help

Hi guys, I’m new to this and have got an xr300 due for delivery soon.

ive been experiencing bad lag on MW - warzone especially.

im currently on virgin media 350mb and haven’t witnessed lag like this before. Granted lots more people are probably online because of the current situation but I want to get my connection the best it can be.

i have read about the geo filtering etc however want to make sure all ports are forwarded for the best experience.

could somebody help me with this or link me to the best ports to forward along with how I go about this in the xr300 dashboard please.

i switch the Ethernet cable between my pc and PS4 so will this affect anything I am doing between swapping or are all settings saved?

sorry if these are dumb questions, I’ve only ever use the standard router supplied by VM before so this is all new to me lol.

Any help is appreciated!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I have the same VM 350 plan as you so I can tell you what I do, which works for me on console and PC. Firstly you'll need to get the WAN IP from the System Information page on the XR300 and put that into the DMZ on the VM Hub. Then you shouldn't actually need to use port forwarding as UPnP should open the ports for you. If it doesn't then perhaps an easier way so that it works for both is to switch from NAT Secure to Open in WAN Settings.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I have the same VM 350 plan as you so I can tell you what I do, which works for me on console and PC. Firstly you'll need to get the WAN IP from the System Information page on the XR300 and put that into the DMZ on the VM Hub. Then you shouldn't actually need to use port forwarding as UPnP should open the ports for you. If it doesn't then perhaps an easier way so that it works for both is to switch from NAT Secure to Open in WAN Settings.

Fraser,

Thanks for the quick reply.

hopefully the router should be here on 18th May so I will look at doing this.

I might need some help when it comes to it so will give you a shout!

• Administrators

No worries - just let us know if we can help with anything. I would also recommend checking out our optimal settings guides here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

• 2 weeks later...

I swapped to the XR500 at the last minute and it is working great.

Only thing I have noticed is that the Nat type does sometimes change so I’m not sure I am port forwarding correctly.

is there an easy walk through of how to do this step by step and a way of checking they are open afterwards?

5 minutes ago, n0rtyb0y said:

Only thing I have noticed is that the Nat type does sometimes change so I’m not sure I am port forwarding correctly.

is there an easy walk through of how to do this step by step and a way of checking they are open afterwards?

It’s an excellent router. I use UPnP rather than port forwarding & don’t have any NAT type issues. 

Having the Geo Filter on can give a false NAT type reading, recommend that you load the game with the Geo in Spectate mode & only turn it on when you’re in the multiplayer menu, that should stop any NAT issues.

12 minutes ago, n0rtyb0y said:

Have you read this guide?

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Hi,

Yes, done all of the above and I do have an open NAT however I was wondering how I check that the ports are actually open.

Do I do this from my laptop that is only connected via WiFi or?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, n0rtyb0y said:

Hi,

Yes, done all of the above and I do have an open NAT however I was wondering how I check that the ports are actually open.

Do I do this from my laptop that is only connected via WiFi or?

If the NAT is open then the ports are open. If you do a port check on the laptop when you've done DMZ for example to another device then the ports would appear closed as they're not open for the device being tested if that makes sense.