Nat Type Fail issue XR500

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Rdot said:

i could not put up with the issues of the xr500 any longer so i have sent it back and have purchased the xr700 hopefully this will be a lot better. What differences are there compared to xr500 and xr700 obviously more powerful but havent really found much other than better wifi etc, i managed to buy it for same price i got the xr500 so ot was a no brainer

Hardware, WiFi, 10GB WAN and Plex support off the top of my head.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hardware, WiFi, 10GB WAN and Plex support off the top of my head.

I now have the xr700 and i think i have finally figured out the issue with party chat on the ps4!! Basicly on the geo filter there is about 5 ps4 party servers in america all stacked on top of each other and it is extremely hard to click all, once accepted there tends to have more pop up but on the geo filter these show as peer not dedicated, the same as fortnite servers do the same. The nat type failed issue as before i havnt used the router long enough so far to see if this is still a issue hopefully not but i will keep this updated. For some reason the XR700 will only work when the Superhub3 is in modem mode which is strange

• Administrators

That's right, servers do usually stack in the same location. We should be able to add all of them to the cloud. Let us know how you get on, you may need to reboot the XR after setting the hub to router mode.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's right, servers do usually stack in the same location. We should be able to add all of them to the cloud. Let us know how you get on, you may need to reboot the XR after setting the hub to router mode.

Well all was going good the only issue im having so far is that the router keeps dropping internet connection, on the settings it shows disconnected, tried rebooting etc still nothing, the 2ghz and 5g lights arent on but the 60hz is, its on the latest firmware also

On 6/4/2020 at 10:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Install this firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix and then do a factory reset and hopefully that will resolve those issues.

It sorted it for me thank you! I havnt had any nat failed issues so far either now. Bit have noticed with party chat it takes ages to talk i think its the geo filter taking ages to reckonise friends in my party takes around 2 minutes of flashing mics before i can speak. During this time no icons are on the filter

On 6/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, Rdot said:

It sorted it for me thank you! I havnt had any nat failed issues so far either now. Bit have noticed with party chat it takes ages to talk i think its the geo filter taking ages to reckonise friends in my party takes around 2 minutes of flashing mics before i can speak. During this time no icons are on the filter

I think what's happening here is that the PS4 is trying different Party Chat servers until it finds one that works.

This is probably because we have an incomplete list of Party Chat servers, but luckily we can expand this list from the cloud and it will update on your router automatically. I will get this done soon.