Nat Type Fail issue XR500

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, I've asked the team to test PS4 chat specifically so hopefully they can discover what is happening.

Ive been talking to my friend fine in game chat, i made a party and invited 2 friends that are marked as allowed i could speak to one fine but it started flashing on my other, the only way to stop that happening was to go to spectator mode and still didnt work i changed to spectator left party, rejoined and instantly i could speak to him. No new pings came up what so ever so to me it 100% seem like a filter issue. I am doing it via my mobile internet browser would this make a difference with the allow etc as i do get the connections cover the whole screen sometimes. As per the attached image, i do allow a connection and it says no new connections to ping but then the 1 i have just allowed will pop back up is this normal?

Screenshot_20200514-234806_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Administrators

We definitely recommend accessing from a PC at the moment, as you can see there it isn't optimized for mobile views. It is quite possible that icons are being missed as they're so on top of each other, could you try through the PC and see if there is any differences?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We definitely recommend accessing from a PC at the moment, as you can see there it isn't optimized for mobile views. It is quite possible that icons are being missed as they're so on top of each other, could you try through the PC and see if there is any differences?

Hi as you can see from the image i have allowed my friend and hes on the allow list, but it keep coming back up for me to allow again still unsure why its causing nat problems just from filtering as it shouldnt, is there any other settings you would like to see and ill send a picture incase you might be able to see where the issue is coming from

15894980182202024139679302424119.jpg

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are there any other icons that appear on the map when you try to invite your friend to a chat?

No nothing else at all

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you doing that with the map zoomed in as per the screenshot? Could you see with it zoomed out please as it may not always be in your location.

I always have it zoomed out i zoomed in to show that my friends icon was on the circle etc nothing else comes up apart from occasional server in the us but i allow them

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't really make much sense, something should be appearing unless it is a NAT issue. I have asked the team to investigate this so hopefully a cloud will resolve it.

Oh his icon appears but nothing else its a person with dotted lines around his icon

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Rdot said:

Oh his icon appears but nothing else its a person with dotted lines around his icon

It should be a solid circle if they've been allowed properly. What happens if you disable Ping Assist?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be a solid circle if they've been allowed properly. What happens if you disable Ping Assist?

I will then click ny friends icon and allow the same way but he keeps coming back up, happens with all friends. I allow them and they are on my allow list but keep appearing to allow or deny

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try removing all the allow/deny hosts you've done please and then start again from fresh and see if it works then.

This is the 4th time of removing and adding back on in last 2 weeks, as of now i havnt had any disconnects due to nat for couple days now even with filtered on, but chatting in parties is still a issue. Ive removed playstation as a console, deleted everyone and then manually clicked on friends and click allow, they have gone on to the left side as allow yet still have the issue of it asking me to allow/deny again, if i click allow nothing changes as its already been allowed and then it stays there. The icon is still a dotted ring apart from dedicated which are solid white ring

On 5/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Alright thank you for the information, I'll get the team to take a look.

Hi, going back on what you suggested before, do you mean put this IP address into my superhub as dmz, and use the superhub as a router and the nighthawk as a 2nd router? I have the nighthawk to boost performance which it does do. Surely if like this i might aswell just use my superhub?

20200519_162217.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rdot said:

Hi, going back on what you suggested before, do you mean put this IP address into my superhub as dmz, and use the superhub as a router and the nighthawk as a 2nd router? I have the nighthawk to boost performance which it does do. Surely if like this i might aswell just use my superhub?

Yes that's right. Don't use it as a router, just leave it in router mode with the DMZ enabled for the XR and also disable the VM WiFi. That will essentially make it act like a modem and so the XR can control everything.

Ok ill give this a go and see what happens, ive just read a lot that the superhub is pretty rubbish and impacts speeds etc if in router mode thats all

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rdot said:

Ok ill give this a go and see what happens, ive just read a lot that the superhub is pretty rubbish and impacts speeds etc if in router mode thats all

I've not experienced that at all and I have ~350/37.

• 2 weeks later...

i could not put up with the issues of the xr500 any longer so i have sent it back and have purchased the xr700 hopefully this will be a lot better. What differences are there compared to xr500 and xr700 obviously more powerful but havent really found much other than better wifi etc, i managed to buy it for same price i got the xr500 so ot was a no brainer