Internet Speed question

Ptingler81

My interest speed is with Comcast. I do a speed test using Speedtest.com, on my XR500. My speeds are coming back at 600-700 down/15-18 up. Great. I have about 20 devices at the house, but not all devices are using bandwidth at once. Maybe at any given time 6-7. I've heard that QOS/Anti-bufferbloat wont help someone like me whose bandwidth isn't capping, I've got more than I need technically. Am I correct in my assumption?

ABB won't help, QoS can help since it will put your gaming traffic in front of the que if there is a lot of traffic.

Your upload isn't too great so QoS can definitly help there. But that depends on if you upload large files a lot etc.

On my 580/500 connection I generally leave it set to 'only on high priority traffic detected' at 80/80. If you don't max out on bandwidth it doesn't hurt to limit either. I just set it like that and don't mess with it.

Hey @Ptingler81.

Yes you are correct, for Gaming you need about around 3 Mbps Download Speed and 1 Mbps Upload Speed. What matters is Your Ping to the Server. But if 6-7 Devices using Bandwidth while you Gaming, I would activate Anti-BB and set it to ''Only When High Priority Traffic Detected'' and  make sure ‘DumaOS Classified Games’ is checked (which it is by default) and fine tune your Line with Ping Plotter. (http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping / http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos)

2 hours ago, Bert said:

ABB won't help, QoS can help since it will put your gaming traffic in front of the que if there is a lot of traffic.

Your upload isn't too great so QoS can definitly help there. But that depends on if you upload large files a lot etc.

On my 580/500 connection I generally leave it set to 'only on high priority traffic detected' at 80/80. If you don't max out on bandwidth it doesn't hurt to limit either. I just set it like that and don't mess with it.

Yeah, Comcast and stupid Cable connection. The upload speed is ridiculous.

• Administrators

Some good advice here, I would apply Anti-Bufferbloat to just the upload slider at 70% and when high priority traffic detected and leave DumaOS Classified Games enabled. That would give you the best possible connection when gaming.