How to Enable/Use QOS on Nighthawk XR500

My apologies if there's another thread on this.  I did search and found some similar troubles people are having, but I'm not using VPN or IPV6 and after 30 minutes of poking around I've decided to raise my hand and say "help me!"

First the problem:  When I click the QoS Menu it times out and tells me this R-App isn't loaded yet and to try again in a minute.
I need to prioritize Skype traffic over everything else.

So, I started here:  https://kb.netgear.com/24266/How-to-enable-Quality-of-Service-QoS-on-routers-using-the-NETGEAR-web-interface

But these instructions seem to not reflect my options.
For instance, it says to click Advanced->Setup->QoS srevice.
However, I have no initial starting option of "Advanced."
I did try Settings->Advanced Settings but there is no option for QoS anything so that doesn't seem to be the right steps.

Thanks for the help.

Hi and welcome to the forum. To add skype on a particular device on your network to have priority go to QOS and scroll down until you see the traffic prioritization section. Click add device button and add the device then the service you want from the options that pop-up, skype is 1 of those options. 

If you are getting the r-app message then clear your browser cache and close browser and retry.

2020-01-20.png

Thanks for the help Newfie.

I am using Chrome.  I turned off all extensions, then cleared cache again and I get the same error.

Then I did the same steps and tried in Firefox and in Edge and I get the same error.

I haven't, but it sounds like I'll have to go through that trouble...

On a side note, every time I come to this forum and try to login it tells me my account doesn't exist (I'm logging in using my email address as username).  Then I click "reset password" and I follow the steps and I'm able to make one single post.  Then when I come back and try to login again I get the same error message and have to reset my password again...

What's up with that?

On 1/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, droveto said:

On a side note, every time I come to this forum and try to login it tells me my account doesn't exist (I'm logging in using my email address as username).  Then I click "reset password" and I follow the steps and I'm able to make one single post.  Then when I come back and try to login again I get the same error message and have to reset my password again...

What's up with that?

Hm, not 100% sure what's up with that. Might be that we have a bug in the forum software. I'll look into it.

Do you experience issues if you sign in with your forum username instead?