Is DumaOS open source?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum & Happy Holidays!

You can find our open source information here: https://netduma.com/opensource/

Netduma is our company/brand name and DumaOS is the software we create, DumaOS.com is apart of that brand as well.

Hi Fraser and thanks for the welcome.

I do not find the linked answer clear as I cannot determine if the ''source code'' in ''Netduma software is built on top of the OpenWRT project. To acquire the source code obtain the Chaos Calmer (or Trunk) OpenWRT branch and select the MikroTIk target.'' refers also to the code of DumaOS or just the open source DumaOS  is built upon. I've never used ''-git'', etc.

Very much looking forward to a simple answer if it is completely or less than completely open source.

Thanks.

• Administrators
On 12/30/2019 at 5:18 AM, snon said:

Hi Fraser and thanks for the welcome.

I do not find the linked answer clear as I cannot determine if the ''source code'' in ''Netduma software is built on top of the OpenWRT project. To acquire the source code obtain the Chaos Calmer (or Trunk) OpenWRT branch and select the MikroTIk target.'' refers also to the code of DumaOS or just the open source DumaOS  is built upon. I've never used ''-git'', etc.

Very much looking forward to a simple answer if it is completely or less than completely open source.

Thanks.

Hi there - it's the just open source element DumaOS is built on. DumaOS itself is in userspace and  therefore proprietary i.e. closed source.

1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi there - it's the just open source element DumaOS is built on. DumaOS itself is in userspace and  therefore proprietary i.e. closed source.

Does DumaOs have any built in telemetry?