XR500 - Connection Statistics Monitor

GHOST-1-EC

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.e9e52cea772ad5018e780221b47eff58.JPG

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Jack

I'll keep the enquiry short. 

The pic above shows my Router Connection stats........what i would like to primarily know is what is the difference between

1. Lan ports 1-3..... 'Link down status' vs 

2. Lan port 4........ 1000M/Full status

Also the placement of Lan port 4's data is mis aligned - only the uptime is in the correct 'slot'. 

• Administrators

This could just be an aesthetic misreading of the ports - it indicates they're not working at all but I would say that they are working even if slowly is that right? WAN shows it can support the full 1000mbps vs LAN 4 only supporting 100mbps. Now this could be down to the speed of the ethernet cable you're using. I'm not sure what you mean about the misalignment exactly as looks on the same level to me.  What firmware version are you on?

My error in typing 1000mbps for Lan 4.

So Lan 4 is 100mpbs - what does the 'Link Down' refer to or is that the router telling me that there is no device using Lan 1-3?

After the log in fix i decided to upgrade to the .56 firmware.

Lan 4 gave off a better gaming experience.......i saw on older Netgear posts that there was an issue with the Lan port numbering not being correct......... DMC mentioned it as well - i just never looked into it until now.

In essence what i want to know is are the Lan ports equal in "performance" or is Lan 4 the better optimized Lan port to use?

20 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

My error in typing 1000mbps for Lan 4.

So Lan 4 is 100mpbs - what does the 'Link Down' refer to or is that the router telling me that there is no device using Lan 1-3?

After the log in fix i decided to upgrade to the .56 firmware.

Lan 4 gave off a better gaming experience.......i saw on older Netgear posts that there was an issue with the Lan port numbering not being correct......... DMC mentioned it as well - i just never looked into it until now.

In essence what i want to know is are the Lan ports equal in "performance" or is Lan 4 the better optimized Lan port to use?

Bro im an original R1 owner and now have the xr500, this router is broke in more ways than 1.  Its telling you that you have no ethernet wire plugged into ports 1 2 and 3.  I have my ethernet plugged into port 1 and it tells me im on port 4.  On top of that the router bricked last night after a hard reset had to return it get a new one after being on the phone with netgear who new absolutely nothing.  Than was advised that i had a faulty device that they would replace but my next phone call i would be charged for, lmao.  I told them charged for what you didnt even come close to fixing my issue.  And the Lan port 4 is telling you that it will only allow up to 100mbs, its auto detected

• Administrators

The LAN ports should be equal in performance assuming you're using ethernet cables that can support 1000mbps and the device it's actually connected to supports high speeds as well. If it shows link down it may be a misreading or it may be the device connected to is actually off at the time, try turning on the device in the port and see if it shows in the table.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The LAN ports should be equal in performance assuming you're using ethernet cables that can support 1000mbps and the device it's actually connected to supports high speeds as well. If it shows link down it may be a misreading or it may be the device connected to is actually off at the time, try turning on the device in the port and see if it shows in the table.

I have nothing connected to it at the moment.

I only ask as my gameplay has picked up since switching to Lan 4.......i dont want to send anyone on a wild goose chase as with the traffic prio........alot of guys are still struggling to get the gist of it.

I'll be sharing some more adjustments once i am happy that everything is consistent on my end.

• Administrators

Right okay that might be the reason then, were the same cables used between ports? I can't see any reason why ports would behave differently if the device and cable used were the same between them but I'd be interested to hear your end results.