New Ink...

fuzzy clam

...finally finished lower leg piece.Let's see if I can post these without messing it up again.Yes they're sideways cuz I took them on my phone.

http://imgur.com/DFdaQr6

http://imgur.com/naFxF84

Damn there's 2 days of my life I'll never get back trying to post these things    :angry:

As you know Dillinger you and I have the same views on a lot of subject's,and we don't run with the pack.So I love tribal (but not traditional tribal) I'm into what I call new school tribal with a mechanical twist on it.

IMO your ink should be just that your ink,custom to you.Think of it as some of your gun builds,you're grips on your 1911 come to mind,totally custom for you.I love the fact that I know I'll never see my stuff on someone else as he draws it all freehand,no just walking in and picking something off the flash on the wall or in the books.

Will start working on my other lower leg in a couple months or so.Already got the full sleeves on both arms and shoulders,just gotta finish up the other leg.

Spot on man! *respect*  I have never understood people going to an artist and just picking something out of a book. No matter how good the artist is, it's still going to be a copy of someone else's work. If I was going to have ink put on me (I have not done so yet, but I have been close a couple of times) I would take some time and really draw up something cool and unique.

Mechanical Tribal.  I like it Fuzzy.  That looks really good man (I guess I am supposed to say "no homo" or something here - whatever).  I was going to guess Tribal with a sort of dragon scale or similar influence from the first view, but I now see the mechanical aspect of it and it works.

I envy you guys with that pull the trigger and do it mentality.  I have been close a couple of times.  I once spent about 100 or so hours drawing up a really nice 1/2 sleeve, went and talked to about 10 different artists, trying to find the "right" person to tattoo me.......and then shelved the idea.   :huh:

Looks great man - but honestly, how much did some of that shin and ankle hurt?   :wacko:

@ Fraser I think I got around 20-25 hours,more or less on that lower leg piece.

With multiple sittings of course

@ Dillinger thanks for the compliment.And I'm not gonna lie certain areas of the shin,around the ankle and the top of the foot were less than pleasant.After about 2 hours everything starts to get annoying any place your getting worked on,the longest I've sat at one sitting was 7 hours and I was ready to smash everyone and everything with in arms reach.

So we decided (my artist and me) that 5 hours is as long as I'd go at one time.He said something about wanting to keep his shop in the same condition it was when I walked in as when I left LOL he great by the way and a good friend.

Nice one buddy.

First i am happy that you got to post the pictures.

I agree with you on ink subject. I ware some on my body to.

Grate stuff. Really like that ink.

@ Dillinger thanks for the compliment.And I'm not gonna lie certain areas of the shin,around the ankle and the top of the foot were less than pleasant.After about 2 hours everything starts to get annoying any place your getting worked on,the longest I've sat at one sitting was 7 hours and I was ready to smash everyone and everything with in arms reach.

So we decided (my artist and me) that 5 hours is as long as I'd go at one time.He said something about wanting to keep his shop in the same condition it was when I walked in as when I left LOL he great by the way and a good friend.

Yup.  I've got a full-color chest piece and a greyscale back piece, along with an arm piece.  Both the chest and back took about 20 hours each.  The back's the newest, and at one point, about 6 hours in on one sitting, the shop owner told the artist to stop, that I was done for the day.  He walked by and noticed I was going into shock (getting work done on the spine or breastplate is some of the most painful work you'll get done).  As an apology,  he didn't charge me for that sitting.  Back piece still ran me about $1500 in rate + tips, and wound up taking, if I remember right, 5 sittings.

That's some nice work, and I don't normally go in for modern primitive ink.  Congrats!

• Administrators

Holy shit thats quality Fuzzy, must have hurt like hell! I don't have a tat & know very little about them but I bet the knee hurt big time

IMO all tat's are uncomfortable no matter where they are,some places hurt considerably more then others,ditches (elbow crease topside),ribs,head and like mcl said certain places on the spine and chest depending on what piece is being done.But the most painful one I got was...wait for it...the head of my dick...yup no BS.And in case your curious it's the head of a pitbull with a spiked collar on.

I figure about 60 percent of my body's covered in ink,after I finish my other lower leg I'll be done I think    ;)

Just a pitbull?  I got the full text of the Declaration of Independence, along with a full-size copy of Guernica.

:D

@ Dillinger i know,i know but it was pertaining to painful spot's to get ink,and that's my choice for the number 1 painful place.

@ mcl no not the whole body of a pit just the head and a spiked collar,actually my dog that passed.

Just a pitbull?  I got the full text of the Declaration of Independence, along with a full-size copy of Guernica.

Yeah, yeah, but I saw a story where someone wrote the entire bible on a head of a pin, BY HAND!!  And I heard that "full-size copy" was actually a scale model replica from the gift shop, complete with watermark.  :D

Well worth the wait - lol.  Looks good man!

But the most painful one I got was...wait for it...the head of my dick...yup no BS.And in case your curious it's the head of a pitbull with a spiked collar on.

I'm not curious.  But the missus, a connoisseur of all things Dirty Dog, may well be PMing you ;)  :D

Archived