I need an answer to this question

kinel

I been watching a famous  streamer for a week now

so bare with me while i try to explain

Normally when they search for games the game will search for lobbies with 58ms ping on pc

and in game on scoreboardit clearly shows  about 54ms ingame constantly

This is game after game

But i noticed that two games paticular it shows it searches for games with 58ms ping and finds them

But the ingame ping clearly shows a steady 24ms in the two games

But in those two games that person gets  there  nukes

Does this sound like a vpn is being used 

As i just have no clue how you get into a high ping lobby with a low ping

Please explain if you know whats going on

I can only assume that a vpn would add a extra hop or so thus increasing latency.  I have had some admit that they are leasing a private line though. 

Because there is so little discussed about it openly it's not clear to me how well you're hit rego latency gets with it.  Furthermore, it's not clear if the private line is truly theirs alone or if they are simply sharing it with "less subscribers" then a traditional line. 

What @oRaGaMi said is also true though.  As non live Utube video could be from several matches before they have a good one. And they upload that 1-2 good ones were they get a nuke. 

The sitreams im talking about are live not youtube

I know there not boosting  as theres streams are at least 5 hrs long live

Btw thats not the part that intrests me  i more inttrested in how they get 24ms ping in a  58ms lobby

I just cant work it out

I was thinking 

You use a vpn te add latency to get you in to the high ping lobbys

Then as soon as the game starts you turn off the vpn thats what i was thinking  

But i dont know if that would diisconnect  you

I dont think it would work because your ping would still be high as your still connected to  a high ping server

These two games i watched are  ony  the two i noticed it out of 25 matches ive watched  all livestream only two that are strange connection  wise

All ideas welcome 

Admins what do you think

But i noticed that two games paticular it shows it searches for games with 58ms ping and finds them

Well this has happened to me frequently.  It's the game not showing the correct ping when searching from my experience. 

When I move my location around in DumaOS it searches at 45ms then 75ms ping and in game is 38, etc.  It only seems consistent with 25ms ping.  Bug or feature? I don't know.

• Administrators

When searching it will try getting a game within a certain range, if it can't then it will up that range but that doesn't necessarily mean it will always be in that range. For example someone may have left a game that was in the lower range or a game just ended etc.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kinel said:

Fraser i think i understand what your saying that makes sence  i think

Yeah sorry didn't explain that pretty well. For example:

Game searches up to 30ms: None found

Game then searches up to 50ms: 1 found but its at 25ms. This could be because while you were searching the server at 25ms had a person leave or a game session ended so you are now able to join.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:00 AM, kinel said:

I been watching a famous  streamer for a week now

so bare with me while i try to explain

Normally when they search for games the game will search for lobbies with 58ms ping on pc

and in game on scoreboardit clearly shows  about 54ms ingame constantly

This is game after game

But in those two games that person gets  there  nukes

Does this sound like a vpn is being used 

As i just have no clue how you get into a high ping lobby with a low ping

Please explain if you know whats going on

I will be completely honest, my game also searches for 40+ ping and when i join the lobby i have around 15 - 20 ping while others in that game have between 50 and 200.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:00 AM, kinel said: