Ambiguous Dedicated & Peer hosts (MW)

Hello peeps,

I’m not sure if this info is of any use to Admin/Support/Devs, but listed below are some south of England hosts with the ‘choopa.net’ domain name. These were noted while I was playing MW. 

I think the ‘choopa.net’ domain name suggests the hosts are dedicated servers, however, the Host Type says Peer and they also have peer icons - not the square dedicated server icons.

Another thing to note is that when I am playing on a Dedicated server (square icon) and I click the DENY button, the game freezes and I eventually get kicked out of the game, as you might expect. But, when I click the DENY button on the below hosts (dedicated but with a peer icon), the game continues as though the host has not actually been blocked at all.

To sum up, I assume the peer hosts with dedicated domain names are actually dedicated hosts because they all appear on the south coast of England, in the place where I know there are dedicated servers. But I'm not sure if they are properly blocked when they are put into the Allow and Deny list, as clicking the DENY button during a game has no effect.

-----

95-179-204-135.choopa.net
2d5fbc87fcccaeb3

95-179-205-11.choopa.net
2e5f400bfccdaeb3

95-179-205-43.choopa.net
2e5f602bfccdaeb3

95-179-205-222.choopa.net
2e5f13defccdaeb3

95-179-204-84.choopa.net
2d5f8954fcccaeb3

• Administrators

Thanks for the info OP. We will look to update our list of servers as we realise it can be a bit confusing. But to answer your question - you are correct, Choopa is a dedicated server provider used in CoD.

As for delayed denying - there's a deliberate 2 minute delay from denying a server to it then being blocked. This is to prevent people from kicking themselves out of a game whilst still playing. So you should find that you have blocked that specific server if you ever come across it again.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, Netduma Admin said:

As for delayed denying - there's a deliberate 2 minute delay from denying a server to it then being blocked. This is to prevent people from kicking themselves out of a game whilst still playing. So you should find that you have blocked that specific server if you ever come across it again.

I've just checked this a few times... Blocking a dedicated server with a peer icon and a peer host type during a MW game does nothing at all. I can continue to play the entire session. There is no 2 minute delay.

Blocking a dedicated server with a dedicated square icon during a game boots me out of the game within about 5 or so seconds.