Spam in Forum and Email

Alex49H

I had actually done the question and answer last night being If the time is now 13:30 what time will it be in 45 minutes? Thought that would stump some bots. I've turned off Twitter registration now, I hope that doesn't impact any genuine members who actually sign in that way currently!

I still see the twitter sign up available, and in the nicest way possible some of the people who don't use 24 hour time won't get that security question right. Switch it to a more universal time before 12:00.

• Administrators

I still see the twitter sign up available, and in the nicest way possible some of the people who don't use 24 hour time won't get that security question right. Switch it to a more universal time before 12:00.

I had to reenable it because unfortunately it meant a genuine member could not sign into the forum. I thought of this and allowed 14:30 and 2:30 to be right answers but it appeared that hasn't worked as effectively as I thought anyway. Plus it would be easy to google that for a genuine user whereas a bot should have a harder time.

Archived