HALO 5 PORTS GAMING

• Administrators

As far as I am aware Halo doesn't have any individual ports that it uses outside the Xbox Live ports - probably because it is a Microsoft game. Also even if you were to do that it would not improve the performance, you can turn off notifications on the console but they'll still go through.

Ok, and which of the standard xbox live porte  Halo 5 uses for gaming?

I think my idea will work very well, eliminating the congestion of the xbox itself and prioritizing the gaming traffic.  I just need to know which ports are used for gaming

On 11/17/2019 at 5:28 AM, el1t3k said:

I would like to eliminate the generic "xbox live" which includes both chat and invitations, etc. to selectively insert the ports used by gaming, you know what these ports are?

When you say "eliminate" do you mean you want to disable the xbox live functions?

These functions are essential to the console so I don't think anything will work correctly without them.

@el1t3k If you are looking for the ports only for a specific game like Halo5 then the ones ive captured are 30000-30040 UDP  Those are what the game uses only while actually playing the game only.. Nothing else. I should also add that those ports ive listed change with each new game you play. But the range has always been what ive stated above. So example would be lets say I play Ranked Slayer. There would only be one port out of that range of ports ive listed. So example would be my first match I play uses port 30002UDP. The very next game you play will then use a different port like 30011UDP. Each new match you play always seems to use a different port in that range ive listed..

If you are playing on a console XBOX ONE go to your console settings and Network settings. Then go to the advanced tab. In that tab you will see what port your xbox is using. That port is what XboxLive uses.That may or may not be 3074.. Chances are it isn't anymore. I haven't seen that port used in a very long time.. Im not sure if the R1 has the traffic prioritization light that comes on like the XR500. But if it does and that light comes on right away when you turn your console on then your prioritizing XboxLive and everything the console is doing. What you are wanting to do is prioritize just the game traffic. So in order to do that you have to disable Duma Classified games and manually enter ports for just the game. Nothing else..

If the ports ive listed above do not work for you then your going to have to get familiar with Wireshark and capture the ports yourself. But chances are the ports ive listed above are going to be the same. Those are the server port numbers the game is actually hosted on so they should be the same. When you get a chance see what port number your xbox is using and post it here. Im curious to see if your still using 3074 or a different port. Good luck!

Zippy. 

• Administrators
On 11/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, el1t3k said:

In network settings port is 3074, so i have to put in Hypertraffic the port 3074 or the ports 30000 and 30040  or both? 

If you want to go the manual route do two rules with source 1-65535 for both and just change the destination to what you've mentioned.