Server Connection

UK_Wildcats_Fans

I live in San Diego, California.  While COD gaming,  I typically see a ~15mS ping to LA servers ot ~25 to northern CA.   I sometimes play with friends on the east coast (geo filter off)  with typically 50-75mS pings.   Recently, I have been playing COD BO4 (f'ing Modern Warfare) solo with a small geo filter to avoid a bad Nevada server and ping assist at 30mS.  This typically would let me play on some good servers in Texas or mid country.  With a ping assist of 30mS, I should never get an east coast server.  I have been getting these very weird, very intermittent games lately and noted that I am getting an east coast server with about 17mS ping.  This does not seem possible.  I did a lookup of the server and it belongs to Total Server Solutions LLC out of Atlanta, GA.   When I ran ping plotter, I was getting 10-50mS pings.  

See the attached screen shots of geo filter and ping plotter.  Is it really possible to go 2100 miles (~3300 km) with a 10mS minimum ping?

FYI- I have blocked the server now, because it was too intermittent.  

Atlanta Server.jpg

ping plot 11-15-2019.jpg

• Administrators

Whilst I did a lookup and got Atlanta as well I also got a location for California so it's more likely that it's incorrectly located on our map and is in fact in Cali but the IP databases (not just ours) still have it as Atlanta. If you could put the ID in this form please then we can move it to the correct location:

I completed the form.  I looked at the 2nd to last IP address from the ping plot.  It was an Los Angeles based IP address; therefore, I think it is LA as well.   In the geo filter photo, it is showing as a "peer".  Is it really a dedicated server?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I completed the form.  I looked at the 2nd to last IP address from the ping plot.  It was an Los Angeles based IP address; therefore, I think it is LA as well.   In the geo filter photo, it is showing as a "peer".  Is it really a dedicated server?

Great thank you. Yes it is, showing as Total Server Solutions for me so that's really helpful that you've added it to the list so we can correct the location and host type.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted another mislocated server form for a slightly different ID with a similar domain name.  The two domain names were 142.54.238.76 & 142.54.238.74.  I would assume everything starting with 142.54.238 are showing the wrong location.  Is there a way to correct these using a range of IP addresses?

On 11/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I live in San Diego, California.  While COD gaming,  I typically see a ~15mS ping to LA servers ot ~25 to northern CA.   I sometimes play with friends on the east coast (geo filter off)  with typically 50-75mS pings.   Recently, I have been playing COD BO4 (f'ing Modern Warfare) solo with a small geo filter to avoid a bad Nevada server and ping assist at 30mS.  This typically would let me play on some good servers in Texas or mid country.  With a ping assist of 30mS, I should never get an east coast server.  I have been getting these very weird, very intermittent games lately and noted that I am getting an east coast server with about 17mS ping.  This does not seem possible.  I did a lookup of the server and it belongs to Total Server Solutions LLC out of Atlanta, GA.   When I ran ping plotter, I was getting 10-50mS pings.  

See the attached screen shots of geo filter and ping plotter.  Is it really possible to go 2100 miles (~3300 km) with a 10mS minimum ping?

FYI- I have blocked the server now, because it was too intermittent.  

Atlanta Server.jpg

ping plot 11-15-2019.jpg

how do you pin the auto ping above the geo? I seriously can't figure it out. Thanks

• Administrators
On 11/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I submitted another mislocated server form for a slightly different ID with a similar domain name.  The two domain names were 142.54.238.76 & 142.54.238.74.  I would assume everything starting with 142.54.238 are showing the wrong location.  Is there a way to correct these using a range of IP addresses?

Yes that's right, if you put in a couple like that then Alex should realise and correct 142.54.238.1 - 142.54.238.255, make a note in the form just in case as he may have a lot to get through and they might not appear together in the list so may not be immediately obvious that there is a pattern.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

How long does it take to update the locations?  It has been about 3 weeks in my initial report.

Not long but it's because there has been some issues with it so Alex is working with the devs to get that resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Not long but it's because there has been some issues with it so Alex is working with the devs to get that resolved.

It has been 11 days since your response. What is the latest status?  I noticed the same mislocated servers last night. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

It has been 11 days since your response. What is the latest status?  I noticed the same mislocated servers last night. 

Sorry for the delay, I've asked Alex for a progress update on what is happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
14 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

In playing today, it seems that the server locations are now corrected.  Please confirm.

There was a cloud update very recently for mislocated servers so glad to hear it's working for you.