ipv6 on good

hello can someone explain why this is so, for a month my xr500 went crazy nothing worked i was set ipv4, so i switched to ipv6, and suddenly xr500 works as it should be, why it is so, probably i will stay with ipv6, although fraiser writes that it is not good for games , me and my son play better

• Administrators

What do you mean by nothing worked on IPv4? Xbox say that IPv6 can give a better performance but realistically at the moment I'm not sure how that will be the case at the moment as it likely has to convert back to IPv4.

I mean, the internet was unstable, starting from the speed on the devices, with the allocation and sharing of the surplus, and a strange combination in games, the games were unplayable, terrible delays, and now on ipv6, the game is very good, I stopped cutting ipv tv, it just works better

Guest Killhippie
On 11/13/2019 at 6:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean by nothing worked on IPv4? Xbox say that IPv6 can give a better performance but realistically at the moment I'm not sure how that will be the case at the moment as it likely has to convert back to IPv4.

It uses teredo tunnelling if IPv4 is only available, I believe, Fraser.

Teredo's not really a problem. It just converts between IPv6 and IPv4. Microsoft always push IPv6 on Xbox because that's one thing they have that Sony don't. I would say realistically you're unlikely to see a performance increase from IPv6 but i'm just speaking from personal experience.