Laptop does not connect

Grafti

I have recently upgrade to DumaOs, but this problem was even when I was in version 1.03.2.
I can view the Netduma Wifi on my laptop, but when I try to connect, it becomes imposible. Seems that my laptop does not receive any response from R1. It only happens with laptop, other devices connect perfectly.
Also, when I was on version 1.03.2 and change the wifi from 2,4 ghz to 5 ghz, any device in home could see this net. Since I upgrade to DumaOS, I don't even know how to put 5 ghz wifi

22 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

It's interesting that you mention 5GHz, because the R1 doesn't actually support 5GHz, it only supports 2.4GHz.

Make sure that your devices aren't looking specifically for a 5GHz channel.

Ok, so I was confused because in software 1.03.2 I was able to change bandwich to 5 ghz, but now I understand why this net did not appear anywhere.
I still have the other proble. Laptop recognize 2,4 bandwich, but when it tries to connect seems that no response from R1 i received. Only happens with laptop. Tv, phones, tablets... connect perfectly.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you set a static IP on the Laptop network settings at all? That would explain why it cannot connect if it's not in the correct subnet.

Nope. No static ip. I have no problem with wired connection, but wifi. When I try, it says for a while "cheking net requeriments", and then says that it has been no posible to connect this net.

No problems with other wifi nets. 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This sounds like an issue with the WiFi card in your laptop, can you connect it to your ISP router WiFi at all?

Yes, no problem with other wifis.

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, Grafti said:

Yes, no problem with other wifis.

I'm inclined to agree with Fraser - I'm not sure why this would be the case other than your Laptop Wi-Fi card being faulty. I've experienced similar issues on my own laptop (not related to DumaOS routers though). Could you screenshot what's happening?

Screenshot 1 says "Checking net requeriments"

Screenshot 2 says something like "The connection to the net is delaying more than normal"

Screenshot 3 says "Can not connect to net" and green characters says "Help to solve connection issues"

Netduma1.jpg

Netduma2.jpg

Netduma3.jpg

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On your laptop could you go into WiFi settings and 'Forget' the R1 connection please. Then try to connect back to the R1 by inputting the password again, it may be that something has changed and requires you to login again.

Yeah!! That worked!!

Thank you very much to all staf!! 😊

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Grafti said:

Yeah!! That worked!!

Thank you very much to all staf!! 😊

Great to hear that! As your issue has now been resolved I'll close the topic. Feel free to open another topic if you have any other issues/questions.