Moderate NAT type on MW

bruhns

Hello

I haven't been able to get anything beside a moderate NAT Type on the new MW. When I connect my PS4 directly to my ASUS router without the R1, I get open NAT Type without any hassle.

My NAT Type on previous CODs has always been open with the R1.

I have putted the R1 in DMZ mode. I even manually opened all the necessary ports on both routers, and I still get moderate NAT Type.

I have already tried the solution that was written in other threads on the forum here, where you was supposed to get an open NAT as long you deactivated the GEO-filter before booting up. But that haven't solved the problem either.

It's getting really frustrating now, since I have always been able to fix such problems on my own. But now I have to admit, I need the expertise of this forum.

Thank you on beforehand for your assistance. :)       

Just a thought but upnp on bother duma and modem might be conflicting.

We have 2 ps4's connected to the duma and the first 1 online gets open the other no matter what i try just wont be open.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, bruhns said:

Hello

I haven't been able to get anything beside a moderate NAT Type on the new MW. When I connect my PS4 directly to my ASUS router without the R1, I get open NAT Type without any hassle.

My NAT Type on previous CODs has always been open with the R1.

I have putted the R1 in DMZ mode. I even manually opened all the necessary ports on both routers, and I still get moderate NAT Type.

I have already tried the solution that was written in other threads on the forum here, where you was supposed to get an open NAT as long you deactivated the GEO-filter before booting up. But that haven't solved the problem either.

It's getting really frustrating now, since I have always been able to fix such problems on my own. But now I have to admit, I need the expertise of this forum.

Thank you on beforehand for your assistance. :)       

Welcome to the forum!

Is UPnP enabled? Have you forwarded all ports that are listed on this site: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

Does the NAT type only go Moderate when Geo-Filter is being used?

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forum!

Is UPnP enabled? Have you forwarded all ports that are listed on this site: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

Does the NAT type only go Moderate when Geo-Filter is being used?

Hello Alex

Yes, UPnP is enabled and all of the ports you are linking to is forwarded on both routers.

The NAT Type is Moderate no matter what. I tried using the Geo-Filter in spectating- mode, still moderate, and I even tried to delete my device from the Geo-Filter and its still Moderate. 

I can see, that the UPnP also correctly opens the ports it is supposed to do, but the NAT Type just keep staying Moderate. :(

I have also tried to factory reset the R1, but that didn't help either.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hmm. Not sure what to suggest then. If the NAT type is open on the console itself, it suggests that your settings are good.

Have you experienced bad gameplay because of the moderate nat?

I dont know if the NAT Type on the console itself is Open, since the PS4 only tells me, that I have a type 2 NAT Type, which include a Moderate and an Open NAT Type.

It is difficult to say if I have experienced bad gameplay due to the Moderate NAT Type, since its a bit of rollercoaster ride with COD, where some games are good and others are really bad because of the lag compensation. But its just nice to be assured, that the bad gameplays is not because of not having an Open NAT Type.

• Administrators
On 11/11/2019 at 6:39 PM, bruhns said:

I dont know if the NAT Type on the console itself is Open, since the PS4 only tells me, that I have a type 2 NAT Type, which include a Moderate and an Open NAT Type.

It is difficult to say if I have experienced bad gameplay due to the Moderate NAT Type, since its a bit of rollercoaster ride with COD, where some games are good and others are really bad because of the lag compensation. But its just nice to be assured, that the bad gameplays is not because of not having an Open NAT Type.

It is almost certainly a misreading as your settings and NAT Type on the console are all optimal. That could just be the general variance you'll get with the servers. Force some different servers and see if they perform any better.