XR500 DumaOS Ping reading bug

Hello Dumaos army,

I have the Netgear XR500 since one and a half year, and it's working great and as expected. but lately I am having a bug in reading the ping, whatever server I connect to, it show maximum 5ms. It is just a reading bug because my ping assist is at 55 ms and it usually connect me to same servers that I used to be connected to, before this bug.

Knowing that I am in the middle east and I usually connect to European servers and sometimes the US servers. 

I have tried everything from hard reset to downgrade my firmware and then upgrade but to no avail.

I am currently on  V2.3.2.56 and I only play call of duty.

What could be causing this, and is there any remedy to it?

Thanks,

I did that too, ping the server manually and it's the same results. 

worth mentioning that I have also the Netduma R1 and it does not have this bug. Ping is showing normally according to each server. 

I've already done it twice. Anyways, will try again tomorrow  after work and will feed you back. But my question is, could it be a hardware issue or it's not possible? 

I know this is a bit of a hassle, but could you try downgrading and upgrading as follows:

• Download this firmware and upload it to the router: https://kb.netgear.com/000053241/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-28
  • (ignore the warning about it being an older version)
  • Once the downgrade is complete, do a factory reset
  • During the setup process, the router will say it has found newer firmware, upgrade to this firmware

Hopefully this will have reinstalled the buggy feature

I have 3 modems, and the 3 of them are doing the same thing. I have D-link vr400, D-link vr900 and linksys x6200. Knowing that this bug has been recently appeared about 2 months ago. I have also the Netduma R1 in which, the ping is showing normally. 

I asked Fraser if it's a hardware issue, but he confirmed that it must be a software issue. 

I am 100 % sure that you, Dumaos team, can solve this problem. I know it's a matter of trial and error. I am willing to try whatever you suggest to me, so please keep trying to resolve this matter. 

Thanks a lot. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say that your 3 modems are doing the same thing... Which one is the XR500 connected to?

Have you tried the R1 recently? If the ping appears normally on the R1 then that proves that we have an XR500 software problem.

I meant that, when I try each of the modems alone with the xr500 they have the same issue. so it is not a modem issue.

as for your second question concerning the R1, I said that the R1 is showing normally the ping when I use it instead of the xr500.

Sorry I didn't know if you meant that you'd tried the R1 recently, or you were just talking about the last time you remember using it.

Does the 5ms ping happen for everything that appears on the map, or just for one game?

What device type have you added to the Geo-Filter?