New Firmware for XR700 Issues

Hello all, I updated the firmware on my XR700 to v1.0.1.20 and I have had nothing but problems. First off I lost the ability to manage devices on the Nighthawk app. It simply states that there are no connected devices found. This would not be an issue if the DumaOS ever worked as advertised which seems to be a long-shot after almost a year of owning this product. Which brings me to my second issue which is the DumaOS is even worse now than ever. It now refuses to load several of the apps stating a R-App Has Not Loaded Yet message. All of that enjoyment also comes with random Wifi issues with multiple devices. 

If you could please be a bit more specific about your set up and issues and anything you have tried to resolve the issues already that would be a start for people to be able to help you, I have owned an R1 from early adopter days and an XR700 for the last month or so. For me the Duma Os does exactly what it says it does and on the few occasions that I have had any issues it has been resolved. Regarding the wifi issues, Im not sure what they are as you have not stated but When I have had them in the past I have changed the channel and all has been good.

On the odd occasion I have had OS issues a simple turn it off and on again has solved it.

Please let us know in a bit more detail what your problems are and hopefully somebody will be able to assist you. 

Cheers.

Thanks for the response first off and good evening. The DumaOS issue is as I stated in my first comment. It fails to load R-Apps with the message stated above. I have tried multiple reboots with no solution yet unfortunately. The Wifi issues I am referring to several Mobile phones in the home randomly disconnecting to the point where the owners of the phones have simply shut off wifi and are running on data. I am unable to provide a solution for them since I have no access via the Nighthawk app or the DumaOs. I wish I could provide more information but the only ways I understood are unavailable to me at this  time. Thanks again

I have got only 2 problems with XR700 on .20 firmware that was the "script error" showing on geo-filter tab a few times and the update icon saying there is a update available while I am already on v1.0.1.20. 

For the rest everything is working perfectly.

Did u do the update process in the appropriate way clearing cache from browser and hard resetting the router after install and dont keep a back-up from settings as it is a fresh install.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues. What do you mean by "This would not be an issue if the DumaOS ever worked as advertised"? Is there another issue you have with managing devices via the Device Manager? It's recommended to do a factory reset after an update to ensure no legacy issues carry over so I would suggest you do that first and see if these issues are still there after you've done that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 11:25 PM, bagsta69 said:

If you could please be a bit more specific about your set up and issues and anything you have tried to resolve the issues already that would be a start for people to be able to help you, I have owned an R1 from early adopter days and an XR700 for the last month or so. For me the Duma Os does exactly what it says it does and on the few occasions that I have had any issues it has been resolved. Regarding the wifi issues, Im not sure what they are as you have not stated but When I have had them in the past I have changed the channel link and all has been good.

On the odd occasion I have had OS issues a simple turn it off and on again has solved it.

Please let us know in a bit more detail what your problems are and hopefully somebody will be able to assist you. 

Cheers.

Is this Beta Firmware is available only for the XR700 at the moment ???? From where i can get Beta firmware for other Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, RosieGarner said:

Is this Beta Firmware is available only for the XR700 at the moment ???? From where i can get Beta firmware for other Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What beta firmware are you referring to as one wasn't mentioned? If you'd like to join future XR700 beta tests then have a look here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR700-Beta-Firmware/m-p/1760800?_ga=2.1220465.135704677.1573905679-2042367096.1569343218#M11125 but there isn't any available for the other routers at the moment.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, RosieGarner said:

No betas are currently happening on the Nighthawk routers as far as I know.

• 4 months later...

Ok so I've noticed after a few days of uptime, the XR700 router will give messages "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." This happens on any one of the options on the left except for "System Information" and "Settings".  I have since re-downloaded the current .20 FW and on install did a 60 second hard reset.  The issue still persists after a few days of uptime.  I have also noticed after a few days of uptime, one of the ports (port 1) on the router shows a 100Mbps connection (to a gigabit switch).  When unplugged and plugged into another port (using the #5 port) it goes back to white instead of amber showing a gigabit connection.  I am  also receiving drops in wireless connectivity on the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands as well.  I do have 20/40 coexist enabled as well as disabling the 160 Mhz for 5Ghz (not necessary as I don't have tech that would use it) and disabling the 802.11ad 60Ghz radio (I don't have tech that would use that either).  Rebooting the router will enable the R-Apps but only for a few days (about 3) when the R-Apps decide to not respond.  Pictures provided. (Note:  When looking at Installed R-Apps in System Information I am not able to start any R-Apps as the controls are grey'd out.)

6.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

0.jpg

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Jeremy Fenn said:

Ok so I've noticed after a few days of uptime, the XR700 router will give messages "This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." This happens on any one of the options on the left except for "System Information" and "Settings".  I have since re-downloaded the current .20 FW and on install did a 60 second hard reset.  The issue still persists after a few days of uptime.  I have also noticed after a few days of uptime, one of the ports (port 1) on the router shows a 100Mbps connection (to a gigabit switch).  When unplugged and plugged into another port (using the #5 port) it goes back to white instead of amber showing a gigabit connection.  I am  also receiving drops in wireless connectivity on the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands as well.  I do have 20/40 coexist enabled as well as disabling the 160 Mhz for 5Ghz (not necessary as I don't have tech that would use it) and disabling the 802.11ad 60Ghz radio (I don't have tech that would use that either).  Rebooting the router will enable the R-Apps but only for a few days (about 3) when the R-Apps decide to not respond.  Pictures provided. (Note:  When looking at Installed R-Apps in System Information I am not able to start any R-Apps as the controls are grey'd out.)

Upgrade to this firmware and then do a factory reset and it should fix the issue: https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Upgrade to this firmware and then do a factory reset and it should fix the issue: https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

Hi ive just got a XR700 and i am having the same issue Error: This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

I have used this hotfix and on reboot the r apps will load fine but just once

if you try again later it will not load, i also have the XR500 and have never had this issue i bought the XR700 as an upgrade but i am beginning to think it was a mistake,

i have tried a factory reset but its still the same

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, kevambert said:

Hi ive just got a XR700 and i am having the same issue Error: This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

I have used this hotfix and on reboot the r apps will load fine but just once

if you try again later it will not load, i also have the XR500 and have never had this issue i bought the XR700 as an upgrade but i am beginning to think it was a mistake,

i have tried a factory reset but its still the same

I've replied to your topic.