Destiny2 geofiltering not working at all

In any mode, with all solo players, I am still getting roughly half to all the players joining from outside the geofilter region. How is this possible? 

I have posted this problem a dozen times, and the problem just keeps getting worse. How are solo players connecting from outside a geofilter region?

FWIW, when I enable strict mode, it works MUCH better (I do get disconnected very occasionally, maybe 1 out of 15 games). But you guys say not to use strict mode for some reason. 

Well they recently released a new expansion for Destiny, and along with that they seem to have changed the way their servers work. In my testing i've found that using Strict Mode now works fine.

The primary reason you'd be getting people outside of your radius is because they might be connected to a server within your radius. Also, without Strict Mode, servers will always be connected to, no matter where they are.

As I said, Strict Mode doesn't seem to be required for Destiny anymore. If this is proven to be the case, we might remove the feature entirely.

I have noticed with strict mode party chat is disabled when geo-filter is active.  I am guessing this is a result of players being outside the geo-filter radius.  I had to disable QOS last night and now my game play is better my hit registration was awful in the new Iron banner (Shadowkeep). I know disabling this is not recommended but I no longer lag so I will keep testing things.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, d.o.c said:

Destiny 2 geo-filter does not work on steam, strict or not.

Do you have steam completely shut down before you apply the Geo-Filter/boot up the game? If not do that and then boot up steam/Destiny from the start after applying the Geo-Filter and see if it works then please.

Steps I took since my last post (list is ascending in exact order)..

• Changed my "PC" device from XBOX to Computer in the device manager menu.
  • Flushed the Cloud.
  • Reset my computer
  • Set distance to 600 miles
  • Set Strict mode = on
  • Set Auto Ping Host = on
  • Set Ping Assist = 30 (ms)
  • Set Fast Search = off

So far with the above settings I've noticed longer queue times although some what of a better connection overall; yet I still see people not blocked outside of my desired mile range.

And the Auto Ping Host only shows details while match making, and then goes null once the match making ends/match starts; previously prior to the move to Steam the Auto Ping Host would show details through the match, not just during match making.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, d.o.c said:

Steps I took since my last post (list is ascending in exact order)..

• Changed my "PC" device from XBOX to Computer in the device manager menu.
  • Flushed the Cloud.
  • Reset my computer
  • Set distance to 600 miles
  • Set Strict mode = on
  • Set Auto Ping Host = on
  • Set Ping Assist = 30 (ms)
  • Set Fast Search = off

So far with the above settings I've noticed longer queue times although some what of a better connection overall; yet I still see people not blocked outside of my desired mile range.

And the Auto Ping Host only shows details while match making, and then goes null once the match making ends/match starts; previously prior to the move to Steam the Auto Ping Host would show details through the match, not just during match making.

That's likely because you're picking them up through Ping Assist which works outside the radius if they're under your limit. Auto Ping not working correctly would probably be due to the fact that there is not always one host for the game as they use P2P/Server hybrid so in this sense it may be best to manually ping the server to get a good approximation of your ping.