Devices not showing online

It was doing the same which is why i stopped using it for a few months. Now i came back to an update and still same issue. It will not list hard wire devices but will lsit wifi devices as online

If i perform a reboot it will work for a few hours then the devices wont show online until i reboot again and repeat. I dont have network issues even without using the geofilter all the lobbies i get into are udner 20 ping so im not complaining just curious if even if the device shows offline how can we tell its working?  Should i set the filter super small and see if it doesnt find a game?

Yes that would be a good test. If it didn't block servers, it would suggest that either the Geo-Filter isn't working because it thinks the device is offline, OR it isn't working because the correct profile for the game you're playing hasn't been chosen. This is only a concern if you're playing on PC, because most console games work the same.

• 3 months later...

I just recently bought the XR500, I am having a problem with wired and some wireless devices not showing up under the device manager section. Only 1 device out of the 7 are showing online. When the wired device is being used, that wont show up either but from what I been reading wired devices typically won't show? When I bought the XR500 and set it up, it updated to the most recent firmware. I am new to these gaming router so any suggestions on how to fix the issue would be great! Ty in advance.  

12 hours ago, UrSol2090 said:

I just recently bought the XR500, I am having a problem with wired and some wireless devices not showing up under the device manager section. Only 1 device out of the 7 are showing online. When the wired device is being used, that wont show up either but from what I been reading wired devices typically won't show? When I bought the XR500 and set it up, it updated to the most recent firmware. I am new to these gaming router so any suggestions on how to fix the issue would be great! Ty in advance.  

So devices that are being used currently are showing as offline? That's weird. Remember that devices that can connect via ethernet and wifi will appear as two seperate devices if you switch from one connection method to another.

Guest Killhippie
On 1/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, Netduma Alex said:

So devices that are being used currently are showing as offline? That's weird. Remember that devices that can connect via ethernet and wifi will appear as two seperate devices if you switch from one connection method to another.

Isn't it a known bug, Alex? There have been a lot of people with this issue including myself. Hopefully one that 3.0 will fix, even though Netduma haven't actually patched it, just re wrote it so it now works (isn't that technically patching?) from what Fraser said and of course if I got the gist of what he was saying correct. Looking forward to seeing these bugs vanish with DumaOS 3.0.  :) 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, UrSol2090 said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This is a known issue, but to double check you're getting the same issue if you reboot the router do they appear online initially correctly?

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but Google brought me here looking for the same issue.  My wired Roku is the only 1 connection out of the 4 LAN connections used that show up as connected in the device manager.  And occasionally (like now) some of my 2G wireless doesn't show connected.  As I sit here typing on this computer (LAN port 2), and my son is playing on his Xbox (LAN Port 1) and my Google Pixel 3 (2G wireless) does not show connected.  Is there a fix or update for this yet?  It doesn't appear to be causing a problem, but would be nice to be able to see what is actually connected and know if it's right or not.

• Administrators
On 5/24/2020 at 9:49 PM, EpicJW said:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but Google brought me here looking for the same issue.  My wired Roku is the only 1 connection out of the 4 LAN connections used that show up as connected in the device manager.  And occasionally (like now) some of my 2G wireless doesn't show connected.  As I sit here typing on this computer (LAN port 2), and my son is playing on his Xbox (LAN Port 1) and my Google Pixel 3 (2G wireless) does not show connected.  Is there a fix or update for this yet?  It doesn't appear to be causing a problem, but would be nice to be able to see what is actually connected and know if it's right or not.

What firmware are you using? If you reboot the router do the devices appear online correctly?

• 1 year later...

A similar  thing is happening to me. i have tried everything i could think of to get geofilter to work and while doing so i have  come across this problem where i have 2 hardwired devices my xbox series x and my pc. and it was showing my xbox as offline in device manager so i rebooted my router and xbox. now device manager is showing the pc im literally typing this message out on as offline. im at a loss of what to do. all i wanted was to get my geofilter to work again and i've wound up with more problems. i also have the router up to date on updates this is my router and software version: Nighthawk xr1000 1.0.54.10_5.0.11

XR00 1.0.54.10_5.0.11

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, taiyoutamaki said:

A similar  thing is happening to me. i have tried everything i could think of to get geofilter to work and while doing so i have  come across this problem where i have 2 hardwired devices my xbox series x and my pc. and it was showing my xbox as offline in device manager so i rebooted my router and xbox. now device manager is showing the pc im literally typing this message out on as offline. im at a loss of what to do. all i wanted was to get my geofilter to work again and i've wound up with more problems. i also have the router up to date on updates this is my router and software version: Nighthawk xr1000 1.0.54.10_5.0.11

XR00 1.0.54.10_5.0.11

There is a more up to date version, .58 https://kb.netgear.com/000063915/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-58 so I'd suggest upgrading to that, doing a factory reset and then see if you run into the same issue

10 hours ago, taiyoutamaki said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong it says my ip address  "Did not send data" when i press update. "Routerlogin.net did not send data"

How are upgrading the firmware? Could you confirm it's the same as this guide:
https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router