WiFi Issues

3 minutes ago, Newfie said:

try this as I have to occasionally do this when i have a poor connection. Turn off router, turn off modem. Wait say 15mins then turn on modem first and wait for it to fully boot. then turn on router wait again to fully boot and test. Modem must reboot fully before turning router on.

Ill give this a shot

40 minutes ago, Newfie said:

try this as I have to occasionally do this when i have a poor connection. Turn off router, turn off modem. Wait say 15mins then turn on modem first and wait for it to fully boot. then turn on router wait again to fully boot and test. Modem must reboot fully before turning router on.

Given it a go, but still having the same issue.

4 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I’m guessing the router updated when you first installed it. 

Quite a few on here feel that after an update a reset is required. There’s a reset on the rear. 

I will give it another reset

blast, silly question but are the ariels all connected correctly and hand tightened? 

Have you got smart connect on? if so try it off.

If no difference then Try creating a guest network and connect to that.  

• Netduma Staff
59 minutes ago, jbath said:

Hi, I removed and reattached the ariels, turned off smart connect and tried a guest network, still no improvements.

I disabled MU-MIMO, and that hasn't worked either.

Sorry for being a pain!

Hey - I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment, it could help to completely re-evaluate what's happening. Could you record what you're seeing when you load a website? Maybe record how it looks on the XR500, then record what it looks like on your Modem. Make sure in both cases you load the same website, with nothing else downloading at the time.

This should help us to get a better idea of what we're dealing with.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hey - I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment, it could help to completely re-evaluate what's happening. Could you record what you're seeing when you load a website? Maybe record how it looks on the XR500, then record what it looks like on your Modem. Make sure in both cases you load the same website, with nothing else downloading at the time.

Thats fine, I will do this when once I get back from work

20 hours ago, jbath said:

Thats fine, I will do this when once I get back from work

20 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I think I've solved the issue, under the WAN settings I changed the MTU value from 1492 to 1430. Webpages seem to be loading a lot quicker

• Administrators
10 hours ago, jbath said:

I think I've solved the issue, under the WAN settings I changed the MTU value from 1492 to 1430. Webpages seem to be loading a lot quicker

That's quite surprising but glad it worked! Maybe your ISP requires that MTU, if you don't encounter any more issues like that then great but if you do then I would advise doing a MTU test to make sure you're not getting fragmentation.