WiFi Issues

Can someone please help me. 

The wired and wireless connection speeds are in line with the advertised speeds of my ISP, however, the issue is when I am accessing websites over WiFi there is a connection and then gradual loading process (taking a few seconds). I don't know whats caused the issue, though it has only happened since switching routers.

Thank you in advance!

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? There is a noticeable slowdown of websites loading since switching to the router correct? Have you changed any settings at all? Do a DNS benchmark test online and find the best DNS for you and change to that.

The current set up is Modem to XR500. 

The slowdown only appears to be happening while using WiFi. 

I followed the wizard/set up tutorial for the setting up my ISP, I have not changed any settings

I have changed the DNS to 192.250.35.251, though this still hasn't addressed the issue

The current set up is Modem to XR500. 

The slowdown only appears to be happening while using WiFi. 

I followed the wizard/set up tutorial for the setting up my ISP, I have not changed any settings

I have changed the DNS to 192.250.35.251, though this still hasn't addressed the issue

Attached is a clip of the issue

I've tried using both, still having the same load time for websites. Weirdly when I run a speed test wirelessly I get 67mbps down  and 16 up which is only slightly slower than the wired speeds

Just now, jbath said:

I've tried using both, still having the same load time for websites. Weirdly when I run a speed test wirelessly I get 67mbps down  and 16 up which is only slightly slower than the wired speeds

As Fraser suggests try DNS primary 1.1.1.1 secondary 1.0.0.1

I use these and they are snappy for resolving websites.

I would also reboot the XR router.

2 minutes ago, Zennon said:

If that does not help try changing WiFi channel as you may be being affected by neighbours on the same channel.

https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

Doesn't appear to be the ethernet cable, tried it with 2 different cables. I'll try this

try this as I have to occasionally do this when i have a poor connection. Turn off router, turn off modem. Wait say 15mins then turn on modem first and wait for it to fully boot. then turn on router wait again to fully boot and test. Modem must reboot fully before turning router on.