moderate nat type

JACKSDARIPPER

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

i tried everything and cant get an open nat type on black ops 4 for pc

Hi - could you let us know what precisely you tried? The answer is always in the details of how the router is configured. Are you using UPnP? Port Forwarding? Did you try adding your WAN IP to the DMZ of your modem? Is this just your in-game NAT or the console NAT?

5 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi - could you let us know what precisely you tried? The answer is always in the details of how the router is configured. Are you using UPnP? Port Forwarding? Did you try adding your WAN IP to the DMZ of your modem? Is this just your in-game NAT or the console NAT?

Because on my Xbox and ps4 the nat type is open on the game also

• Netduma Staff
52 minutes ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

Because on my Xbox and ps4 the nat type is open on the game also

Hm, okay. If you remove your PC from the Geo-Filter do you get an open NAT? Could be that the Geo-Filter is blocking something related to the game launcher that is causing a moderate NAT.

You might also be getting a false result - your NAT might actually be open, but the Geo-Filter is blocking something non-essential (which is causing the game to believe you have a moderate NAT). If this is the case, the game will be acting normally - search times for games / latency will all feel the same as if you have an open NAT. Is that the case?

No. I don’t have my PC on the geo filter

7 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hm, okay. If you remove your PC from the Geo-Filter do you get an open NAT? Could be that the Geo-Filter is blocking something related to the game launcher that is causing a moderate NAT.

You might also be getting a false result - your NAT might actually be open, but the Geo-Filter is blocking something non-essential (which is causing the game to believe you have a moderate NAT). If this is the case, the game will be acting normally - search times for games / latency will all feel the same as if you have an open NAT. Is that the case?

No I don’t have my pc on the geo filter 

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Make sure that your forward the ports that are required for the game and the platform... For example, Black Ops 4 and Battle.net

I did do the port forwarding and port trigger for black ops 4 and still moderate nat type . For the most part I was figure it out on my own but this problem is difficult for me

Just now, JACKSDARIPPER said:

I did do the port forwarding and port trigger for black ops 4 and still moderate nat type . For the most part I was figure it out on my own but this problem is difficult for me

When I get home I’m going to factory reset everything see if that works 

• Administrators

Make sure you re-add your router WAN IP back to the DMZ as it will likely have changed. Just try with UPnP first and see if it's any better. Also try disabling Traffic Prioritization as it could be interfering with the packets for NAT.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure you re-add your router WAN IP back to the DMZ as it will likely have changed. Just try with UPnP first and see if it's any better. Also try disabling Traffic Prioritization as it could be interfering with the packets for NAT.

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

still moderate nat type