Netduma R1 Old FW cutting speeds in half.

One87

My current isp speed is around 480 down and 25 Up and those are the speeds I get directly plugged into my XFI gateway from comcast.  I pay for 400 mbps.  When i setup my Netduma in the DMZ and i set the speeds to my isp speeds and let it auto setup the remaining features which disabled CC and turns on Turbo and Super turbo mode and reactive I go to test my speed on speedtest.net and I get around 170 down and like 14 or so up. I have factory reset R1 router and started fresh and still bad speeds. It’s on old firmware for R1 which I prefer because the DumaOS bricked my last Netduma. I’ve had the Netduma for some years now so I know how to set it up however not getting good speeds? I have tried new Ethernet cables. Through a lot of trail and error seems like 280 down and 25 up is the best setting to put it at and it actually reaches 250-280 and if I go any higher for down or up it gets so much worse. Any thoughts or help is appreciated. I made post on twitter and was advised to make thread here. Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

With all QoS functionality disabled, do the speeds improve?

No it’s all disabled . Like I said I have Cong control disabled and super turbo and turbo are checked. When I add the speeds I let the router setup the rest up automatically. 

26 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh sorry I missed that.

This might be a case of the R1 just not being able to handle speeds that fast. I'll check with the team.

Ok thanks bro. 

It should be doing that easily. I used it with old FW a week ago and was easily getting over 300 mbps on normal Turbo mode, basically maxed out my connection. And that was also on auto setup. As long as you configure it in DHCP mode. With PPPoE mode I was limited to 55 Mbps. I did have the latest of the old FW on it (j version)

• Administrators

Do you know if you require PPPoE? Does your ISP use IPv6 by default or not? 

In the Bandwidth Settings put in 999/999 for speeds and then allow it to auto setup, then try another speed test, what do you get?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you know if you require PPPoE? Does your ISP use IPv6 by default or not? 

In the Bandwidth Settings put in 999/999 for speeds and then allow it to auto setup, then try another speed test, what do you get?

Terrible speeds 175 down and 14 up. 

6 hours ago, Bert said:

It should be doing that easily. I used it with old FW a week ago and was easily getting over 300 mbps on normal Turbo mode, basically maxed out my connection. And that was also on auto setup. As long as you configure it in DHCP mode. With PPPoE mode I was limited to 55 Mbps. I did have the latest of the old FW on it (j version)

I have h version