Sky and Open WRT

FlexJ

hey guys

i have bought a DM200 to replace my sky router. so setup is Wall-DM200-XR300 my problem is i can not get a open nat. i have tried all the port forwarding and unfortunately the DM200 doesn't have a DMZ feature! i have installed the Open-WRT software and i just don't know how to setup it up with sky. has anyone on here have any ideas? 

I have a BT HH5 with OpenWRT. Port forwarding didn't work the first time I tried it, but about a month later I tried again and it worked.

Not much help but just thought I'd share what little I know haha.

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

The DM200 is just a modem right? Or is it a modem router? If it's just a modem, you shouldn't have to bridge anything.

hi alex it is just a modem.but when i connect it to the XR300 i get a moderate nat type even when i port forward. so i have email netgear saying i need DMZ activated on the DM200 and they said they has disabled this feature. So with the OPEN-WRT installed on the DM200 you get DMZ as a feature. but now i have no internet as DHCP 61 is missing. or i now just don't know how to set it up properly 

1 hour ago, flexingjohn said:

hi alex it is just a modem.but when i connect it to the XR300 i get a moderate nat type even when i port forward. so i have email netgear saying i need DMZ activated on the DM200 and they said they has disabled this feature. So with the OPEN-WRT installed on the DM200 you get DMZ as a feature. but now i have no internet as DHCP 61 is missing. or i now just don't know how to set it up properly 

You 'may' not have it setup correctly. I had a few problems setting mine up properly too. I ended up having the wrong settings in WAN.

7 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

You 'may' not have it setup correctly. I had a few problems setting mine up properly too. I ended up having the wrong settings in WAN.

this is why i'm needing someone which the knowledge to help me out. as i can not figure it out. shouldn't of changed to sky broadband!   

3 hours ago, flexingjohn said:

this is why i'm needing someone which the knowledge to help me out. as i can not figure it out. shouldn't of changed to sky broadband!   

I hear ya mate. I tried a few setups I found online and nothing worked.

The guy I bought the router off, he said in his ad on eBay, any problems I give free support so I contacted him and he said try these settings, they should work and bam, they did.

If you were on BT, I give you the settings I'm using but since you're not, chances are they wouldn't work anyways.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

I hear ya mate. I tried a few setups I found online and nothing worked.

The guy I bought the router off, he said in his ad on eBay, any problems I give free support so I contacted him and he said try these settings, they should work and bam, they did.

If you were on BT, I give you the settings I'm using but since you're not, chances are they wouldn't work anyways.

i should of stayed with BT but sky had an offer on for for same speeds 80D and 20U for half the price. 

i have checked all the websites there is alot on how to set it up with bt  and talk talk and few with sky so i have tried with sky settings but no luck. 

17 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

I believe that an option 60/61 feature is coming to the XR300, although i'm not sure when. Perhaps this is what you need to get it to work?

that would be amazing if it did, ive already contacted netgear support about the DM200 modem not having DMZ and they said that it will never be added. Then ive asked them about the 60/61 coming to the XR300 and they said its out of there scope of support. if it does then i can use my Vigor 130 modem with the XR300 

snap.jpg

• 1 month later...