R1 problem ?

DAKOTADOCKALL

Okay to start off for about id say maybe 3 weeks to a month now. That sometimes web pages just wont load and say the server cant be found the normal thing it says when you lose connection. So to get to the point im over here wondering if my r1 is starting to get worn out or something iv had it since around mid 2017 i think. The only way to fix the problem im having is to get lucky and load the DUMAOS page and reset the router or I have to pull the plus and plug it back in. Any info is appreciated. :D  

Firmware version R1 2.1.3.29

• Administrators

Does this occur on every device? Do you notice a difference using WiFi or ethernet?

What DNS are you using? Have you tried changing to a different DNS? If not I would try that and see if it resolves your issue.

• Administrators

You could have the opposite problem in that QoS isn't running at all, so if you're experiencing local congestion then QoS won't be able to stop it and could therefore impact you accessing websites. Put it down to 70/70 on Always and see if you still get the same issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay its me almost a month and the r1 is back to losing connection and no web pages no anything that using internet wired or wifi. It only starts working again when i have to pull the power cord and let it restart. Any Ideas of whats going on I have everything at factory default besides portforwarding and having geo filter the way i like it.

40 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

I just have my modem then the r1 plugged into it then my PC and PS4 Pro plugged into the r1 and iphone connected to wifi.

Can you tell us the brand and model of the modem? It may help Alex with his troubleshooting. Thanks.

Okay so I don't think that modem will be causing any problems, so i'll rule that out.

When the internet goes down, do you lose WiFi connection on your phone? Can you access the router's interface at this point, from either your phone or PlayStation? Also what IP address does the PlayStation say it has at this point? I'm trying to figure out if the router's alive at this point and just can't connect you, or if it just shuts down.