Issue with XR700 GEO-FILTER

I upgraded from the XR500 to the XR700, I never had an issue with the geo filter on the XR500, but on the XR700 the geo filter doesnt seem to work. I use either the ping filter or radius bubble. Neither really filter the server ping or radius I dont want to connect to. I dont get that triangle logo that restricts me from connecting. I get that rounded dot symbol on both servers and players. I never had this problem with the XR500. I am using filtering NOT spectating, I play online on my Xbox. Please help, thank you.

Hi.

Please try removing your xbox from the geo filter ( xbox powered off) and then give your xbox a static ip address in LAN section. then, add your xbox back to the geo filter and reboot xbox. Let us know if this helps your issue!

2 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

It does not. I did this too. Is it an issue of what I add it under my device manager?

no, not sure. Personally I do not use ping assist and rely on the radius circle only. I launch the game while in spectating mode and when the game is ready I switch to filtering and start searching for a lobby and when finished gaming return to spectating mode until next time.

I was but I downgraded to .08 from .10 because I was experiencing the same issue on the latest one. But the issue persists even on .08

On top of this. Im Denying the servers and players that are not in my desired radius. But this doesn't update accordingly on the map. I never had this issue on the XR500. Is there a bug or something outside of the DumaOS in the router settings?

20190625_221818.jpg

You have ping assist enabled. It will find players or lobbies that maybe outside your radius if this is enabled. You should use either 1 or the other of these features but not both at the same time! I think there is a ping assist issue also.

Tha same situation occasionally happens to with the geo-filter. Specifically Halo MCC. I'll connect me to an east coast server, when I'm on the west.

• Administrators

Do you usually use a radius that small or is it just when you're using ping assist. Do you know what your base ping is? 16ms is quite low and you may not get any games that fall under that limit. Does this happen with all games that you play?

My base ping is 14ms I have put radius up to 20ms. It only happens with Halo MCC. And is currently happening in Black Ops 4. Whcih btw just had a massive update, which means server placements are scattered again? Also my other question is the blips aren't changing to the deny slash blip to either players or servers. So I'll have instances where I will also reconnect to servers I already denied.

ALL of these issues I've mentioned were NEVER a problem on the XR500.

• Administrators

Okay so 16ms or 20ms is very low. Would generally recommend 10-20ms at least above your base ping as thats around the ping you should expect to get with games. 

Are you blocking while already on the game? If so the connection to that host/server needs to be severed before it will become permanently denied otherwise it will stay connected as long as the connection is active.

Yes I block first then exit the game, wait a few seconds then restart search for a game. It will still reconnect me to the same game occasionally.