Users on network reporting no connection

A new problem has arisen  since the installs.

Someone in the house is reporting that they are losing internet connection on their iphone and imac whilst connected to 5ghz. They are saying that they are still connected to the router but, they arent receiving internet.  Whilst reporting these issues I have checked with my phone and PC and  I am finding that 5ghz is working perfectly for me.

They have performed restarts on these devices but are saying it still happens.

Ideas?

Ok I’ve actually just happened to me on my phone. 

I was laying in bed and whilst still connected to the wireless, I can’t actually connect to anything. 

I was just trying to use google when it happened to me. I’ll have to find out what these devices were doing but I suspect the same/YouTube. 

I switched my wireless off and on and I regained my connection if that helps narrow down the issue.

edit- in the short space of time I wrote this, It happened again and i was unable to post. Same fix as before, turn my wireless off and on again.

Go into WAN settings and disable SIP ALG. Save settings and see if that helps. Sometimes it has issues with wifi devices (this is the same for other routers and not a fault or issue with DumaOS).

10 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Go into WAN settings and disable SIP ALG. Save settings and see if that helps. Sometimes it has issues with wifi devices (this is the same for other routers and not a fault or issue with DumaOS).

Will do, cheers.

I think this was only affecting the Apple devices but, I cant say with a degree of certainty yet though. My PC is yet to drop out on me though.

• Netduma Staff
18 hours ago, Sneakybeaky said:

Still having issues where we will be connected to the router but it will not provide internet access

Lets rule out the obvious things:

- Since this is only happening on the 5GHz WiFi channel, this could be a range / obstruction issue. 5GHz can't penetrate thick walls easily, and it might struggle in a bigger house. Is there anything between you and the router when it drops out?

- Do you have any issues with the 2.4GHz channel? It might be worth switching to that if this does turn out to be a range / obstruction issue.

- Is your router out in the open, with the antennas vertical?