Geofilter Doesn't Work

hyperj123

Here is what I have tried in no particular order:

Downgrading firmware then upgrading to DumaOS

Factory reset

Reboot

Deleted my computer from the duma and re-added it

Edit* I also did a cloud flush and changed my device to an xbox and a ps4 and still don't get any icons on the geofilter.

Currently I only have it in spectate mode just so I can see what server I'm on but it doesn't even show any servers. This was the same thing as Black Ops 4. It wasn't finding games in BO4 but I can still find games in Apex. Video is below.

Profile is set to:

Source Engine (CS:GO, DOTA 2, TF2 etc)

https://streamable.com/b3wxk

So you've definitely added your device to the Geo-Filter? I can't tell from your footage because you're on the dashboard. After making any device changes, make sure to remove and re-add it to the Geo-Filter. Also remember that connecting from Wi-Fi or Ethernet will appear as two separate devices, so make sure the right one is in the Geo-Filter.

For Apex, definitely set the computer as a console in Device Manager.

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

So you've definitely added your device to the Geo-Filter? I can't tell from your footage because you're on the dashboard. After making any device changes, make sure to remove and re-add it to the Geo-Filter. Also remember that connecting from Wi-Fi or Ethernet will appear as two separate devices, so make sure the right one is in the Geo-Filter.

For Apex, definitely set the computer as a console in Device Manager.

Yes. I have tried all of that. It's super frustrating but I have spend about and hour and a half trying to figure this out. And even though I'm on PC I should set it to console? Which console? Also what profile should I be selecting? I am currently using Source Engine. Also, I don't mean this sarcastically but I have been working in IT for over a decade. You can get technical with me. I know the difference between wifi and ethernet. 

• Administrators

Yes in Device Manager change the PC device type to PS or Xbox, doesn't matter which. Then re-add to the Geo-Filter, it won't allow you to select a service and will just default to the console service, that should then just work for Apex. Your distance for the radius looks fine so no need to use a separate profile.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes in Device Manager change the PC device type to PS or Xbox, doesn't matter which. Then re-add to the Geo-Filter, it won't allow you to select a service and will just default to the console service, that should then just work for Apex. Your distance for the radius looks fine so no need to use a separate profile.

I'll give this a shot tonight. Am I able to use the geofilter in spectator mode while still banning particular servers? 

• Netduma Staff
On 6/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, hyperj123 said:

I'll give this a shot tonight. Am I able to use the geofilter in spectator mode while still banning particular servers? 

Spectator Mode disables all filtering - so anything denied will still get through I believe. (weirdly I've never thought about that, so I could be wrong!)

I'm pretty sure if you wanted to connect to every server other than ones you've denied, you should keep Filtering Mode on and expand your radius to the maximum value. That'll do it :)