Issue : XR500 & Philips Hue bridge

Hello guys !

I have a strange issue with my Philips Hue bridge and my XR500. I'm not able to connect my phone to the bridge but I have access through the hue website... (So connection is ok)

When I was in AP mode, everything worked fine but when I switched to Router mode, I get troubles and now I can't manage with my phone...

I use Wifi 2,4GHz, I already deactivated beamforming, igmp proxying as I found this on Netgear forum before asking you :)

No one have this problem ? Link phone to bridge with xr500 in router mode ?

Thank you !

have you contacted their tech support or looked on their site to find out which port or range of ports your hue uses? You could try inputting the ip address of the hue that the XR500 assignes into the XR500 DMZ and see if it works then ( a reboot of the hue maybe required after this). This would indicate a port issue. I would assigne a static ip address to the hue beforehand.  

21 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

have you contacted their tech support or looked on their site to find out which port or range of ports your hue uses? You could try inputting the ip address of the hue that the XR500 assignes into the XR500 DMZ and see if it works then ( a reboot of the hue maybe required after this). This would indicate a port issue. I would assigne a static ip address to the hue beforehand.  

Hello !

I didn't contact their support yet but already looked on their website/forum and I didn't find a solution...

I assigned a static IP to the bridge too, but I will try the DMZ assignation. Thanks for this suggestion !

I will revert to you after testing.

----

I put it in DMZ but nothing happen :(

Edited by Hadrien
Edit after testing

Hello Big Dog !

After put it in DMZ, nothing more, I can't manage my bridge throught the LAN... Perhaps I can access via it IP but the "push link" button don't work (only in LAN via Internet it's working).

You say your XR500 was in AP mode, was it behind another router and is it still?. There is some sort of port conflict going on which is why I suggested a DMZ as I know from checking that the HUE uses standard port 80 to access the internet. I suggest using UPnP and 1 router only unless you are familiar in vlans or know how to setup different subnets. 

For the first configuration, the XR 500 was in AP Mode connected to another router (which provided DHCP, internet connection and all rules). After i was able to remove the old router to use exclusively XR500, so no conflicts and no subnets ^^ but Hue bridge don't work in local (only via Internet).

I can access throught port 80 but can't link to my smartphone => i didn't find the port used by the connexion on documentations, with wireshark i will be able to find it i suppose... 

UPnP is activated with default settings. I'm still looking documentations to find a solution, as I'm not alone here ^^

• Administrators

IGMP Proxying is disabled by default believe, I would actually recommend unticking this box and also ticking SIP ALG.

Are you able to ping the bridge IP from a wired PC at all using command prompt and 'ping' then the IP?

Hello Fraser !

Sorry for the delay to answer, now I have more time to test ^^ :

IGMP : disabled

SIP ALG : activated

Ping : OK

Not working more 😕 I'm still not able to connect...

The bridge can only work in ethernet and I have the same issue in Ethernet...

Perhaps, i also found that on UPnP settings, I have nothing showed on the portmap table (but everything work fine)

upnp.JPG

Hello Fraser,
To maybe help, here some screenshots about the configuration.

I deactivated IPv6 long time ago

Firmware :    V2.3.2.40 (i didn't install the one for the drop out)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

I asked some of my colleagues and they suggested enabling the Guest Network on your XR500 and connecting the Hue Bridge to that. I don't know why that would work but hey it's worth a go right?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:20 AM, Hadrien said:

When I was in AP mode, everything worked fine but when I switched to Router mode, I get troubles and now I can't manage with my phone...

I confirmed if you put your XR500/XR700 in "Router Mode" and add another router in "AP Mode", the My Phillips Hue Bridge will work fine, no disconnection.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:20 AM, Hadrien said:

No one have this problem ? Link phone to bridge with xr500 in router mode ?

I have experienced the issue with my Phillips Hue Bridge too when my Phillips Hue Bridge is connected to a LAN port of my XR700. My Phillips Hue Bridge won't turn on my lights when I'm pressing on button "On" in iOS/Android/Windows App. Sometime I have to turn it "Off" and turn it back "On" in the app, restart the App, or restart the XR700 so I can get back the connection between my bridge and the router. 

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried Alex's suggestion above?

The setup for a Phillips Hue Bridge 2.0, you have to connect a Ethernet Cable from the unit to a Ethernet port of your router. You can't setup the Phillips Hue Bridge 2.0 through wifi.

• Administrators

Ah yes sorry, could you try this please: Go to http://www.routerlogin.net/debug.htm and disable 'Enable 11k', it may also be worth trying WAN Port mirror to LAN port 1 and see if connecting the router up via LAN port 1 helps at all. It's unlikely to work but worth a shot until the team can identify the cause and fix.