wrong lan ports indexing

I have a problem with LAN ports indexing as follow 

LEDS/Duma OS : 1     2    3     4

Ports equal:          4     3    2     1 

how to solve this issue 

Router: XR500

replacement of what I don't understand. I bought my XR500 from 1 year and this the first time I see that.

Oh sorry maybe I didn't understand your problem.

I thought you were saying that the router has the LAN ports on the back labelled wrongly? They were assigned backwards in some earlier units, meaning that when you connected something to Port 4, it would appear on Port 1 in the interface. This was a hardware problem that required a replacement.

yes but this problem just happen these days not earlier. I have purchased it from 1 year 

it was assigned correctly no problems. Just today when I tried to reset it to the factory defaults this problem has appeared

I am pretty sure this isn't a software issue. Is it possible that it was always like this and you only just noticed?

As I said, this was a known hardware problem with an early batch of units, and the fact that yours is a year old suggests it might be one of the affected units. In previous cases of this, NETGEAR has replaced the router with a new one, so it might be worth contacting them.

However it's worth noting that this problem is purely cosmetic, and will have no negative effect on the performance of the router.

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

I am pretty sure this isn't a software issue. Is it possible that it was always like this and you only just noticed?

As I said, this was a known hardware problem with an early batch of units, and the fact that yours is a year old suggests it might be one of the affected units. In previous cases of this, NETGEAR has replaced the router with a new one, so it might be worth contacting them.

However it's worth noting that this problem is purely cosmetic, and will have no negative effect on the performance of the router.

if it's just a cosmetic problem, I will not ask.  

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

He may be talking about the port mapping issue in table view where Duma OS maps Ports  as 4-3-2-1 and Netgear as 1-2-3-4 with 1 being nearest the WAN socket in table view on Netgears settings page, and Netduma seeing the port closest to WAN as port 4 in table view in Device Manager (I have a later version of the XR500 hardware with the ports the right way round)

Okay having looked into this more, the correct orientation of the ports is right to left. So the ports from left to right go 4, 3, 2, 1, WAN

Some early models were misprinted with 1, 2, 3, 4, WAN

But the software always matches what's displayed on the LED's, I've checked this myself

So really it's just a misprint on the back of the router. As I said before, it's purely cosmetic. It won't impact your performance in any way.

Guest Killhippie
36 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Okay having looked into this more, the correct orientation of the ports is right to left. So the ports from left to right go 4, 3, 2, 1, WAN

Some early models were misprinted with 1, 2, 3, 4, WAN

But the software always matches what's displayed on the LED's, I've checked this myself

So really it's just a misprint on the back of the router. As I said before, it's purely cosmetic. It won't impact your performance in any way.

You're maybe not understanding this, Alex. Possibly because I am explaining it badly. :) 
 My XR500 unit is the later version with 4-3-2-1-WAN it was replaced by Netgear because of the misprint so the rear port connections are printed the right way round. With Firmware version 2.3.2.40 a new simplified table view of devices was introduced as well as the original DumaOS branch style view. Now if you have a device connected to Ethernet port 1 on the router, Netgears firmware shows port 1 in use in the WAN setting, but in the table view in device manager in DumaOS it will appear to be connected to Port 4.  Nobody seems to have determined if the GUI difference between Netgears WAN GUI and DumaOS GUI software is causing issues with QoS or this is yet another cosmetic issue either way it should be patched really. So whether its visual or otherwise, its' nothing to do with the hardware printing issue on the first batch of routers, which was as you rightly say was purely cosmetic.

Oh when you said "table view" I was kind of confused so I assumed you meant the Statistics section under Monitoring... Since it's a table... Bit of a long shot I guess.

So I had a look at the Table view in the Device Manager section... My PC is connected to the leftmost port, which is marked port 1 in the interface... But when I unplug it the Port 4 LED goes out on the router... I SEE.

I checked with the devs and this is a known issue.

Sorry about the misunderstanding!

Guest Killhippie
17 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh when you said "table view" I was kind of confused so I assumed you meant the Statistics section under Monitoring... Since it's a table... Bit of a long shot I guess.

So I had a look at the Table view in the Device Manager section... My PC is connected to the leftmost port, which is marked port 1 in the interface... But when I unplug it the Port 4 LED goes out on the router... I SEE.

I checked with the devs and this is a known issue.

Sorry about the misunderstanding!

No worries, as I said probably me not explaining things as I should. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...