ive just change ip router. now i cant open duma os

Choppa01

Hi ive just change isp from sky to virgin and im have problem getting r1duma os home page 192.ect.. I can get into my r1 everytime i reset and it will run for a while(10minutes to 30,45 minutes) then when i try to change a page from geo to qos, my broswer (firefox) will not change the page, but all the other function and tabs/windows on my broswer  work fine.. whats my problem.. doi have to change setting in my virgin router, and if yes.. Which ones?   

Ah okay, well that's fair enough but bear in mind that by connecting devices directly to the Hub, you're bypassing Netduma's QoS and essentially rendering it pointless. The Geo-Filter will still work fine though

Could you try a different browser and tell me if the problem still occurs?

i have the same problem using safari browser.

When i got my new virgin hub. all i did was just plug it into the netduma. before that, everything was working fine.. 

can you help?

Ive been running the beta milestone since its release and have had no problems till now.

• Administrators

You mentioned in the title of the topic you changed the IP address of the router and then couldn't access the interface. Are you saying you changed the router LAN IP? If so have you remembered to access the interface with this new IP as opposed to the old one?

i havnt given the netduma a static ip, and i havnt  setup dmz on the virgin hub.. i know how to setup dmz on my hub. how do i go about setting up static ip on this duma os beta.i think i would like to try this out first.

• Administrators

Could you try using the Chrome browser first of all as that is our recommended browser.

On the Virgin hub you should give the R1 a static IP address and then put that address in the DMZ. If it's not possible to give the router a static IP from the hub then you can do so on the R1 in Settings > WAN > Static.

• IP would be what you want its WAN IP to be, would recommend you keep this the same as its existing WAN IP that you can find in System Information. I believe it would be 192.168.0.X (X being whatever it says)
  • Subnet will be 255.255.255.0
  • Gateway is the LAN IP address that you use to access the hub 192.168.0.1 for example.

You can leave the other options alone.

So just to be clear, you are wired into the R1 directly and you can't access the interface? That's very unusual.

Accessing the R1 from behind the Hub might be tricky. Say you were connected to the hub via wifi, and then you attempt to connect to connect to the R1, the hub won't recognise it's IP address. In that situation i'd try entering the R1's WAN ip into your browser and seeing if lets you in.

yes im wired directly into the R1.. I can only access the interface by plugging out the R1 and plugging it back in.. Once its plug in, it will allow me to access the R1 interface. The R1 interface then works as it should. The R1 can change from pages/tabs as it should.. But after about half an hour., i cant change anything, change meaning,go from dash broad to anything like network settings. It wont even let me refresh the browser tab i used to access the R1... i then keep having to plug the R1 out and back in. Once the R1 has beeped, i then click on the same browser tab i used before and then everything starts working like it should for Hour an hour.. The R1 still functions as it should, just having problems accessing it...

Okay so that sounds like the interface crashing... Under Network Settings > WAN > Network, is the R1 set to use DHCP instead of PPPoE? I'm wondering if some settings from your old router might be interfering.

• Administrators

That's fine, no need for PPPoE.

I don't think you've mentioned this but does the trouble accessing the interface only happen on that one device or when it happens is it inaccessible for all devices?

• Administrators

So it is all devices? This is really peculiar, when you can't access can you try to ping the router LAN IP in command prompt please and see if you get a response, also do ipconfig and post the results here.