Gaming

Alix

Hi last night was playing a online private match with my sister and it felt like I couldn't kill her like it was like bullet lag what cause this? Also did a ping test this morning it says 18ms minium and maximum 53, average 21ms with zero packet loss 

Yerh it's blacks ops 4 my isp is wisp so I have a fluctuating ping but I have tested my connection no packet loss. But dsl reports says I have a B for bufferbloat and can go to a c but don't know how accurate this is 😊

Anti-bufferbloat if I start from 100% on the down and 100%up do I still decrease it by 5% or 10%. As I have low bandwidth of 15mbps download and 1mbps upload so I will start  this adjustment from 100% on both up and down. Thanks for you help getting a good idea how netduma works now 

• Administrators

Go with 10% to start and then drop down to 5% when you don't see much difference in a 10% range. For example you've tested 10, 20, 30....  etc and determined that both 60 & 70% are very good but there is not much difference between them, then go to 65%.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alix said:

Thanks just struggling will with upload as its only 1mbps and can go lower which doesn't help

Go with 5% on the upload then each time if 10% is too much. Remember you'll want to make sure you have sort of at least 300kbps/0.3mbps for gaming.

Thanks bud having 1mbps upload and setting the slider to 5% then work my way up to sort bufferbloat out on the upload speed won't this make it worse 👍

lol so if I put the upload slider to 100% on the upload and adjust it by 5% each time and test it till it settles down. But won't this effect upload as I only have 1mbps or less to give thanks new to netduma and getting used to it 😊

• Administrators

Yes that's right, it will affect upload but as long as you have enough for gaming and other devices you'll be fine. I think you could be fine with as little as 0.5mbps so don't worry about that :)

• 1 year later...