Network Monitor not working Geo Filtering work?

So i know this has been brought up but I am curious on this. The geo filter map doesnt show any connections etc but it shows a host ping which is always typically between 10-14 for me. So my question is, if the map doesnt show where im connected and simply only highlights my location is it working properly? How else can i tell?

The network monitar shows my ps4 offline. Would blufferboat still work? if the device shows offline?

1 hour ago, jdmefsir said:

The network monitar shows my ps4 offline. Would blufferboat still work? if the device shows offline?

yes, as bufferbloat control is done on the router side so anything on the router will have bufferbloat control implemented on it.

1 hour ago, jdmefsir said:

if the map doesnt show where im connected and simply only highlights my location is it working properly? How else can i tell?

It will show your location via the pin you place as you are telling the router that is where you are so it will not show where you are connected as it will assume where you are connected is where you are or there would be no geo filtering as that is what it is for. You can tell by the lobbies it populates on the map that you are connecting to and also by looking at your auto ping host.

9 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

It will show your location via the pin you place as you are telling the router that is where you are so it will not show where you are connected as it will assume where you are connected is where you are or there would be no geo filtering as that is what it is for. You can tell by the lobbies it populates on the map that you are connecting to and also by looking at your auto ping host.

what i mean is, i can see my location which i set, but if the router shows my device as offline in the network monitor and device list, does the geo -filter know the device is online still?

I just always remember it showing on the map other connections that you can click on etc like in the r1 version

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, jdmefsir said:

what i mean is, i can see my location which i set, but if the router shows my device as offline in the network monitor and device list, does the geo -filter know the device is online still?

I just always remember it showing on the map other connections that you can click on etc like in the r1 version

I think you're thinking about this the wrong way. Ultimately both those features are unconnected - the Geo-Filter shows in real-time the data transfer from and to the device you've added to it. If you can't see anything showing up on the map, it's likely that it's set up wrong.

If it's a PC you've added, go into the Device Manager and change its Device Type to a console (Xbox or PlayStation). Then delete and re-add it to the Geo-Filter. You'll then see servers show up when you're playing.

It's also possible you're zoomed in really far, which will mean you can't see any other servers. Zoom out all the way while you're testing it.

not really sure how it can be setup wrong. the device is added. Its a ps4 pro and its in the geo filter list.

Like i said i can see a ping down at teh bottom and it has a circle around my home marker. But i remeber being able to see other connections on the map from the r1 days.

I have the entire USA in the zone and zoomed out i can only see the netduma zone and my home location

• Administrators

If the Geo-Filter is pinging automatically then the server you're connected to will be shown on the map, sounds like it is where your connection is. If you're referring to seeing other players etc you won't always see that when playing a game that uses servers and will just see the one icon on the map.