Limit download

S13

Hi

How can I limit download speed to  like 200 Bytes/sec ?

It will seem fishy to you, but  thats not the point.  How exactly can I achieve this using  Qos ?

Thanks

• Netduma Staff
21 hours ago, S13 said:

Hi

How can I limit download speed to  like 200 Bytes/sec ?

It will seem fishy to you, but  thats not the point.  How exactly can I achieve this using  Qos ?

Thanks

As Big Dog said above, I don't think you can go that low with DumaOS. Just out of curiosity, what on earth would you want to do it for? xD

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

As Big Dog said above, I don't think you can go that low with DumaOS. Just out of curiosity, what on earth would you want to do it for? xD

I managed to set 0.01 :) and changed to 0.02  Mbps.

I am trying to  see how Lag compensation works in games.  Very low upload speed  seems to give me an edge in Bo4.  

However, ( default  download 350/ upload 20mbps)

I set  upload to 0.02 Mbps

Download unrestricted (350)

Somehow  in Bo4  Network  options, my bandwidth is  0 Kbps.  But I get into low ping Lobbies,  and  I seem to have an advantage  over others. 

I am doing more testing  :) will update.

6 minutes ago, S13 said:

I managed to set 0.01 :) and changed to 0.02  Mbps.

I am trying to  see how Lag compensation works in games.  Very low upload speed  seems to give me an edge in Bo4.  

However, ( default  download 350/ upload 20mbps)

I set  upload to 0.02 Mbps

Download unrestricted (350)

Somehow  in Bo4  Network  options, my bandwidth is  0 Kbps.  But I get into low ping Lobbies,  and  I seem to have an advantage  over others. 

I am doing more testing  :) will update.

0.1Mbps is 100 Kilobits. Bytse which is what you asked about is a lot lower than that and cannot physically be achieved!

Just now, BIG__DOG said:

0.01 would be 10 kilobits.

Haha that would still do trick. Thanks :)

Game requires around 500Kbps upload,   50 Kbps will definitely mess Lag compensation up 

i will update with my findings. 

I am spooked.  Why ?

Every player I meet from 3rd world countries  who happen to cheapest n worst internet  ever ,  does alot more damage then players with Low Ping n faster internet.   Somehow  Lag compensation  in game  favours those with poor upload speed.  

Nothing scientific or conclusive,  nor I am network  engineer  !!!

But I am testing  things.  Netduma  made it possible on  Console.  ( on pc  its known as Net limiter)

Or  3rd world countries got feature for free as their upload  in poor households is usually max 300Kbps . Yes thats right !!!!  Same  Dial Up connection speeds still exist in many poor countries. 

I will update.  I think I am on to something big .  Secret Sauce Recipe to Increase  KD 😛