Kernel kill flow due to timeout? Affecting speeds.

MikeTHIS

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for the information, so it does happen seemingly at random times? 

Random, or - perhaps after about an hour of uptime? Hard to say, since a reboot seems to clear it for a while. 

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, MikeTHIS said:

Random, or - perhaps after about an hour of uptime? Hard to say, since a reboot seems to clear it for a while. 

How long does it clear it for? Just to check, this occurs on all devices using the router? When it happens again could you try doing the router speed test in the setup wizard please, it'd be good to know if the router is actually getting that speed or if the issue is with it passing it on to the devices. Also do a device test right after just to check that doing that test hasn't made it work

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How long does it clear it for? Just to check, this occurs on all devices using the router? When it happens again could you try doing the router speed test in the setup wizard please, it'd be good to know if the router is actually getting that speed or if the issue is with it passing it on to the devices. Also do a device test right after just to check that doing that test hasn't made it work

Just got home and it’s currently ok. I will continue to monitor. 

How do I get to the Speedtest within the duma? I don’t think I’ve ever know about this lol

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, MikeTHIS said:

Just got home and it’s currently ok. I will continue to monitor. 

How do I get to the Speedtest within the duma? I don’t think I’ve ever know about this lol

Okay keep us posted! Sorry disregard that, had a brain fart and thought you were on a Netgear router!

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay keep us posted! Sorry disregard that, had a brain fart and thought you were on a Netgear router!

Currently experiencing slowdowns and erratic speeds. 

B0DECE55-B130-4007-9961-BD490535D477.jpeg

And here are some wired - just to show exactly what kind of variations I am seeing.....

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 5.47.08 PM.png

Also tested via xbox and am seeing 339.27 mbps down and 0.16 mbps up

• Administrators

Okay so nothing to indicate the router is overworking itself and the speeds fluctuate rapidly within minutes. Could you try a different port on the router as well as a different cable if possible please? Could you also try another speedtest site and see if it shows the same fluctuations.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so nothing to indicate the router is overworking itself and the speeds fluctuate rapidly within minutes. Could you try a different port on the router as well as a different cable if possible please? Could you also try another speedtest site and see if it shows the same fluctuations.

I tried the sourceforge speed test and it shows the same fluctuations. 

Ill try a different port, all my cables are brand new and I made them myself, but I suppose I can change them out to test. 

Edit:

But now that I’m thinking....

The port and cable doesn’t make sense.

I go modem to duma, from duma to the Apple Extreme (for WiFi). From duma to switch to a few wired devices. From that switch to a smaller switch upstairs.

My laptop, the speed tester - is wired to a different port on the duma and I have the fluctuations on every single device.

ill do a few speed tests direct to modem too

• Administrators

Just wanted to make sure we ruled out those options, they're simple but sometimes overlooked! 

Could you downgrade to the latest/last original R1 firmware please and setup for your connection to get the highest speeds and see if it continues please? 

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just wanted to make sure we ruled out those options, they're simple but sometimes overlooked! 

Could you downgrade to the latest/last original R1 firmware please and setup for your connection to get the highest speeds and see if it continues please? 

Soonest I can get to that is tomorrow. 

Stand by.... 🤣

Thanks for all this. 

Ok, so after forgetting to clear cache earlier (ugh so many things to remember)

I am downgraded to .J 

Did ten consecutive speed tests so far and here is where we are at:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 4.45.02 PM.png

• Administrators

Okay so seems to be an issue exclusively on DumaOS then rather than the router. Re-upgrade to DumaOS but uncheck preserve settings on the upgrade page, once upgraded and speeds input and QoS completely disabled see what the speeds are then.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so seems to be an issue exclusively on DumaOS then rather than the router. Re-upgrade to DumaOS but uncheck preserve settings on the upgrade page, once upgraded and speeds input and QoS completely disabled see what the speeds are then.

Kids are currently gaming. 

Will try to squeeze the update in after dinner. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Sorry I've been unsure where to go from here so I've been asking people in the office. When you do a speedtest while using DumaOS, is the CPU of the router maxed out? If you disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat settings, that might take pressure off the CPU and increase the speeds.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hello! Sorry I've been unsure where to go from here so I've been asking people in the office. When you do a speedtest while using DumaOS, is the CPU of the router maxed out? If you disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat settings, that might take pressure off the CPU and increase the speeds.

My speed tests were all completed with zero filtering/QOS. 

I did not notice any CPU maxing, but I’ll re-check. 

Edit, I’m at work right now so it’ll have to be this evening here (Eastern USA)

Edit 2, not sure if you guys want to remote in to see for yourselves?

I also for some time, I have the same problem, speed jumps, and similar message

kern.info kernel: [ 637.108000] recv: nf_ct_get failed

daemon.warn odhcpd[737]: Failed to send to ff02::1%br-lan (Operation not permitted)

kern.warn kernel: [ 1217.592000] HTB: quantum of class 10009 is small. Consider r2q change

• Administrators

I’ll check with Alex and see if they want to remote it, they’ll let you know tomorrow. Do check the CPU and let us know.

raf what’s steps have you taken to ensure it’s not a settings issue? I assume QoS completely off and wired tests?

I write yes, recently I returned to the software r 1 orginal, because I had a problem with speed,I decided to give a chance duma os ,everything work well around a month,and speed problems are on all devices, when playing on the console and watching TV and even viewing on pc, you can see a clear drop in speed,as to the settings, all according to optimal setting dumaos,

ipv 6 disable 

share  acees enable

check the processor tomorrow and let me know

• Administrators
1 hour ago, raf1212 said:

I write yes, recently I returned to the software r 1 orginal, because I had a problem with speed,I decided to give a chance duma os ,everything work well around a month,and speed problems are on all devices, when playing on the console and watching TV and even viewing on pc, you can see a clear drop in speed,as to the settings, all according to optimal setting dumaos,

ipv 6 disable 

share  acees enable

check the processor tomorrow and let me know

Do you use a login (PPPoE) in the routers WAN settings in order to connect to the internet?