Network setup question

So I was wondering how I can access the R1 interface from my PC .. My Setup goes Modem/Router combo > Netgear x10 switch > I have 2 pcs my Xbox and netgear modem in AP mode > Tried adding the r1 cant access , I also tried using my Xbox port and than add cord from R1 to Xbox and I could access the r1 software but unfortunately it is not optimal when i am trying to game. Now i can still access my AP by the ip provided by the modem/router but if I try to do the same with the R1 it wont access it.

I Just want the R1 for geo-filter primarily that is all..

Thanks for any input

connect the lan cable from lan 1 of your combo into wan of the R1 and everything goes into the r1 from there (including your switch). The ip address of the R1 is 192.168.88.1 but your combo may have issued it it's own ip address, in that case on your pc if it is then connected to the R1 go to command prompt and type ipconfig and hit enter, it should then show you your gateway ip address which will be your R1 as the PC will assume your R1 is the gateway.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

connect the lan cable from lan 1 of your combo into wan of the R1 and everything goes into the r1 from there (including your switch). The ip address of the R1 is 192.168.88.1 but your combo may have issued it it's own ip address, in that case on your pc if it is then connected to the R1 go to command prompt and type ipconfig and hit enter, it should then show you your gateway ip address which will be your R1 as the PC will assume your R1 is the gateway.

Great advice, try this please. You want your R1 to be plugged into your modem, with everythign connected to your R1, so you can then take advantage of its QoS etc. because it controls everything on your network.

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

Nm than, I only use combo for Ip adresses and firewall, wifi disabled.. The R1 doesnt work well with my speeds nore do I need the Qos since the switch can handle it with port prioritization and bandwidth limiting.. I literally only want to utilize the geofilter for my xbox...I wanted to have it prioritized like my xbox is but have the duma inbetween for the geofilter but was hoping to be able to get access it through the switch from my pc but i guess that doesnt work lol... So I will continue to use it as a paper weight, ty for help though!