Geo Filtering not working on XR500

nasserver

Hi guys,

I just bought a XR500 with dumaOS for the geo filtering feature, i have been trying over 3 days reading the forums and trying different escenarios, and i can not make it work, so your input would be appreciated.

My settings so far:

PS4 pro wired connection to XR500

1) PS4 added in Filtering mode

2) Geo filter options:

strict mode

autoping host

ping assist off

Radius small over the location of california server that showed me 45 ms ping few days a go

I always restart the BO4 game after changing the dumaOS settings

Please correct me if i am wrong, but the XR500  it shouldn't allow let any connection outside of the radius if i am not having ping assist on, the issue is that is connecting me to whatever peer is around, with pings of 100 or 150. Basically as i didn't have the XR500 geo filtering option. I like the design but i changed my router just for the geo filter and is not working please any help will be appreciated and sending an screenshot as well.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.742cec61eda67fe17f675e05a28b4997.png

Hi and welcome to the forum.

While your ps4 is turned off could you click on "flush cloud" and give it a few minutes then power on ps4 and try again please!

• Administrators

Please try this:

• Completely turn off the console, don't put it in instant on mode/standby, a true shutdown
  • Factory reset or reboot the router, factory reset would be preferable
  • Change your Geo-Filter Settings to exactly what you want
  • Flush the cloud
  • Add the device to the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode
  • Turn on console and search for a game

Also what is your physical setup? E.g. modem > XR500 (all devices)

I just followed your all your suggestions but following the rebooting option, and the geo filtering is still not working, is connecting me to whatever server it likes outside of the radius and the ping helper of 50 ms. I will try the factory reset and report back.

The physical setups is ISP fiber -> Modem ONT in bridge mode -> XR500 connecting to the bridge with PPPoE credentials -> PS4 pro wire connection to the XR500

Thanks for your replies 

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, nasserver said:

I just followed your all your suggestions but following the rebooting option, and the geo filtering is still not working, is connecting me to whatever server it likes outside of the radius and the ping helper of 50 ms. I will try the factory reset and report back.

The physical setups is ISP fiber -> Modem ONT in bridge mode -> XR500 connecting to the bridge with PPPoE credentials -> PS4 pro wire connection to the XR500

Hmm okay. Let us know if a factory reset resolves this. If it doesn't, please let us know your firmware version. We may give you a previous version to try out :)