Unaccessable routerlogin page and no internet access

Yeah been in constant touch with level 2 and 3 support. They have sent me multiple “custom firmwares” after I’ve sent them router logs but it is yet to be sorted

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, vazuh said:

Yeah been in constant touch with level 2 and 3 support. They have sent me multiple “custom firmwares” after I’ve sent them router logs but it is yet to be sorted

Okay that's great, wanted to make sure you were still in touch with them. Hopefully with your continued support they'll be able to track down the cause soon enough.

One issue is solved now I’m having another issue 😂

my ping assist is literally not finding any games whatsoever!

normally set it to 15 or so and found games easily but I’ve set it so 50 and even higher and I’m literally finding no games at all in either league play or multiplayer on black ops 4 I’m unable to find a game.

if I use the normal geofilter set to any radius I’m still finding games fine?

any ideas?

Yeah everything is appearing when first connecting to the game blocking servers etc, it doesn’t matter if it’s on fast search or not just wont find anyone

And yeah location in the sea!

nothing in the allow/deny

• Administrators

Okay have the game completely shutdown so you're on the console dashboard, delete the device from the Geo-Filter and flush the cloud. Wait a minute if the taking too long box appears and refresh, add the device again and boot up the game, does it work then?

On 3/21/2019 at 8:26 PM, BIG__DOG said:

hi.

Have you tried entering the default gatway ip?   192.168.1.1 (unless you manually changed it). Also have you tried deleting your browser cache?

Your connection is the same as mine and you have the same modem as me also. 

ok im having the same overall issues getting all triangles when i try and use ping assist set to 45ms and when i try to connect to the internet using 192.168.1.1 in my router settings as the default gateway ip it will not allow me to connect the internet what should the subnet mask be ? and can i just leave the ip address to what is already in the box when i select static ip?

On 5/12/2019 at 12:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay have the game completely shutdown so you're on the console dashboard, delete the device from the Geo-Filter and flush the cloud. Wait a minute if the taking too long box appears and refresh, add the device again and boot up the game, does it work then?

also tried this and no difference all triangles for every dedi server when using ping assist set to 45ms 

if i use circle radius it connects to servers with 25ms ping but like to play with others on the west coast with myself as party host and dont want to enlarge the circle that big iom in Florida

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just tried this now @Netduma Fraser and didn’t work. Won’t even allow my girlfriend to join my game with a ping assist value of 25 when it shows her ping is 7

• Administrators
On 5/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, Six7 Tango said:

ok im having the same overall issues getting all triangles when i try and use ping assist set to 45ms and when i try to connect to the internet using 192.168.1.1 in my router settings as the default gateway ip it will not allow me to connect the internet what should the subnet mask be ? and can i just leave the ip address to what is already in the box when i select static ip?

also tried this and no difference all triangles for every dedi server when using ping assist set to 45ms 

if i use circle radius it connects to servers with 25ms ping but like to play with others on the west coast with myself as party host and dont want to enlarge the circle that big iom in Florida

The default gateway IP would be the IP of the modem/router that the router is connected to so I would recommend you leave the settings to dynamic and this should resolve that issue. 

Can you think of any settings/setup changes that might have occurred prior to this issue appearing?

On 5/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, vazuh said:

Just tried this now @Netduma Fraser and didn’t work. Won’t even allow my girlfriend to join my game with a ping assist value of 25 when it shows her ping is 7

I've noticed that you occassionally show up as using IPv6, could you disable this fully so you're just using IPv4 and see if this affects it in any way please?

• Administrators
On 5/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, vazuh said:

@Netduma Fraser it was disabled completely 

Okay same question to you: Can you think of any settings/setup changes that might have occurred prior to this issue appearing?

It's weird that it would suddenly stop working if the router stayed on the whole time and nothing else had changed.

On 5/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The default gateway IP would be the IP of the modem/router that the router is connected to so I would recommend you leave the settings to dynamic and this should resolve that issue. 

Can you think of any settings/setup changes that might have occurred prior to this issue appearing?

I've noticed that you occassionally show up as using IPv6, could you disable this fully so you're just using IPv4 and see if this affects it in any way please?

i have left the gateway to dynamic but ping assist still cant be used, when the game boots up if ping assist is set to 45ms ping middle of ocean same results every single dedicated server comes up as a triangle and if i try to run a multiplayer match any mode it never finds a match however like i stated before, if i set ping assist to zero and do circle radius with a 400 mile radius i will get in dedicated server with 25ms ping. the only thing that happened was the last BO4 update and ping assist stopped working and i then did a factory reset and still in the same boat ping assist will not function

Okay now maybe this has been suggested already, maybe not, but sometimes if you upgraded from a firmware version which didn't have ping assist to a version that did, something would go wrong with the feature. A wonky installation perhaps?

So here's a suggestion: downgrade and then upgrade again. You guys are on XR700's right?

DOWNGRADE to this version (the original): https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20

Then straight away UPGRADE to this version (latest): https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

And see if the problems still occur.

and now if i try the ping assist this keeps happening and if i turn on strict wont ever join a match

ping assist set to 34ms but join dedi server in europe over 120ms ping

PingAssist.png

@Six7 Tango Could you start a new thread for this problem? I think it might be a separate issue to the one that this thread was made for.

Please include all of the info you can. Your current router hardware, which firmware it's on, which game you're trying to play, what exactly the problem is, and when exactly the error occurs.

Also make sure that you have Strict Mode enabled because I spotted that it wasn't enabled in your screenshot!