Netduma Settings ( I Need Your Advice & Settings)

Infoseye

Hi everyone...

I have gotten to the point I keep asking myself if its still worth using the Netduma R1 Router anymore, please hear me out first. I was in a game of COD bo4 blackout yesterday. I spotted an enemy without him noticing me behind him.

I shot at him from behind only for him to turn around shoot back at me I died instantly literally in seconds, I was shocked watching the kill cam I landed all my shots on him but I watched his hit markers he got 3 shots on me I died first. On a normal day its impossible I would have won that gun fight, this has been happening more often also on multiplayer. I cant think of how its possible.

If I was to disconnect the Netduma R1 I wouldn't notice a huge difference not using it, maybe in every 6-7 game lobby I join on multiplayer/blackout I will experience lag or delay in response time which I could manage or just leave the lobby.

Yes definitely using the Netduma r1 there are noticeable difference response time is better and of cause hardly no lag except when a friend is hosting now and then. Netduma R1 was FANTASTIC for me on BO3 and even WW2 gameplays where great I wouldn't play without it but for some reason B04 its different story.

I have downgraded to old firmware, upgraded again new beta OS. factory reset enabled OPEN NAT TYPE, followed guides like I said earlier I cant seem to find a sweet spot for BO4.

So I'm asking the Netduma Gurus please what's the closet to the best settings to use on my Netduma R1?

I feel like I'm not really utilizing netduma r1 its potential, can you guys advise or post your settings that work great for you. I'm willing to try and experiment settings on my R1 router. I have read the guides on forum, watched reviews on YouTube guides. Watched them getting good connection with mouth watering sweet gameplays, I ask myself why is mine different or why cant I experience something close to this.

PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS HAS A NEGATIVE REVIEW FROM ME, I love my netduma r1 I just think I'm not utilizing to its full potential with my current setting I believe I can get better  performance.

Thanks.

Note: I screenshot my settings, please have a look thanks.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Are you using ping assist aswell as the geo filter? If you are then shrink it to minimum and place it over the ocean and then enable ping assist and set it to 5ms above your actual base ping, if that fails then increase by another 5ms.  Is fast search ticked, if so then disable it as this will bypass your filtering settings and potentially put you in a game way outside your radius. Make thses changes while consol is powered off and then restart console and you should be good to go :)

31 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

Are you using ping assist aswell as the geo filter? If you are then shrink it to minimum and place it over the ocean and then enable ping assist and set it to 5ms above your actual base ping, if that fails then increase by another 5ms.  Is fast search ticked, if so then disable it as this will bypass your filtering settings and potentially put you in a game way outside your radius. Make thses changes while consol is powered off and then restart console and you should be good to go :)

Yes I'm using geo filter strict, my ping assist was set to 0 but will give your advice a go let you know the outcome

• Administrators

It's hard to really give advice based on the scenario you gave as there could be various reasons this occurred, including he had more health/a better weapon than you did! 

In addition to the above suggestion you're using the recommended 70% for Anti-Bufferbloat, this is a good starting point but may not be the most effective for your connection. Use this guide and experiment with percentages until you get the smoothest ping line possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's hard to really give advice based on the scenario you gave as there could be various reasons this occurred, including he had more health/a better weapon than you did! 

In addition to the above suggestion you're using the recommended 70% for Anti-Bufferbloat, this is a good starting point but may not be the most effective for your connection. Use this guide and experiment with percentages until you get the smoothest ping line possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues

I was well equipped, if it was my fault or missed my shot I will say fair play but this was just too obvious that something was wrong. Its one of those games you be like wtf just happened and you let go since you cant even explain what happened its just that this time I have had enough I really want to make sure I'm using the right setup. 

Well yesterday after the test and advice, it's looking good. Like I said earlier I'm gonna do more test turn off fast search but leave ping assist on move the geo filter to my real location then QOS both 70%, I keep you updated before end of the day.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Seye said:

Well yesterday after the test and advice, it's looking good. Like I said earlier I'm gonna do more test turn off fast search but leave ping assist on move the geo filter to my real location then QOS both 70%, I keep you updated before end of the day.

Awesome. Keep us posted :)

Thanks guys for you restored my faith in Netduma R1, over the weekend it worked great especially multiplayer I could easily tell my bullets hit my enemies (hit marker). I still need some clarifications thou. Can you guys please answer the following questions:

Question 1. Can I move the Geo Filter Pointer from middle of the ocean sea to my location England? If yes will I still get same experience(good connection) Will I get connected to random servers with same ping?

Question 2. What does Ping Assist do/Function? I see alot of Peers icons pop up on the world map. I do understand I will only connect to Servers/Peers on the same ping? If I'm correct? I also notice my friends outside England could connect to me easily than before.

Question 3. Is there anyway I can force my PS4 to ALWAYS at least 80% connect to a dedicated server?

Finally I do remember asking this before with friends not able to join me on my lobby, yes they are on the ALLOW list which they are out of my Geo filter radius but retarting my PS4 or game application fixes this but I wouldn't want to be restarting all the time for some friends to connect, also I cant connect to them either. Any advice on this?

• Netduma Staff
49 minutes ago, Seye said:

Thanks guys for you restored my faith in Netduma R1, over the weekend it worked great especially multiplayer I could easily tell my bullets hit my enemies (hit marker). I still need some clarifications thou. Can you guys please answer the following questions:

Question 1. Can I move the Geo Filter Pointer from middle of the ocean sea to my location England? If yes will I still get same experience(good connection) Will I get connected to random servers with same ping?

Question 2. What does Ping Assist do/Function? I see alot of Peers icons pop up on the world map. I do understand I will only connect to Servers/Peers on the same ping? If I'm correct? I also notice my friends outside England could connect to me easily than before.

Question 3. Is there anyway I can force my PS4 to ALWAYS at least 80% connect to a dedicated server?

Finally I do remember asking this before with friends not able to join me on my lobby, yes they are on the ALLOW list which they are out of my Geo filter radius but retarting my PS4 or game application fixes this but I wouldn't want to be restarting all the time for some friends to connect, also I cant connect to them either. Any advice on this?

Awesome, I'm glad you're having a great time now :D

1: Probably. It wouldn't really make a difference if you did, it might mean you get servers inside your radius though which might complicate the setup. Keep it simple imo.

2: You'll only connect to hosts / servers with a ping lower than the ping value you've chosen - that's the function of Ping Assist.

3: Anti-Bufferbloat doesn't work on a per-device basis; I'd just leave Anti-Bufferbloat on 80/80 on 'When High Priority Traffic Detected', then give your PS4 probably 40% of the bandwidth using Bandwidth Allocation. That'll be a good setup - it doesn't need anything more to get past local congestion.

I'm pretty sure issues with connecting to friends are a Sony problem - they don't let you select ports on the console itself, so party issues can happen pretty easily with a router involved. What's your NAT type?

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I'm pretty sure issues with connecting to friends are a Sony problem - they don't let you select ports on the console itself, so party issues can happen pretty easily with a router involved. What's your NAT type?

Thanks for explaining, I think I just leave my location in the ocean for a while until I'm ready to try a different setting. My NAT type is set to OPEN.

Here is my setup:

BTHUB5 ->Netduma R1->PS4(Wired), Desktop PC(Wired)                     

• Netduma Staff
23 hours ago, Seye said:

Thanks for explaining, I think I just leave my location in the ocean for a while until I'm ready to try a different setting. My NAT type is set to OPEN.

Here is my setup:

BTHUB5 ->Netduma R1->PS4(Wired), Desktop PC(Wired)                     

Good stuff. Your setup seems great and I'm glad you have an open NAT :)