XR500 Issue for 8 months now....

I have this router for 8 months now.  I really want to love this router. I have never recommend any other router to anyone beside  XR500.

Theres this one particularly issue I dealt  with this router everyday . It bothers me so much that I gave up. Now you may be wondering what the hell im talking about. “LOBBY NOT JOINABLE “

seriously this is the most annoying painful things ever. I live in Florida , my radius circle cover all Florida, there is a server for call of duty locate in Miami Florida . You’ think it would be easy for me to find a lobby right away since I’m less than 100 miles away from that server. Unfortunately That’s not the case. Everyday I have to keep restarting my app for me to connected to the Florida server . For example if I open black ops 4, search for a game, I will connect to the Florida server on my first search . If I back out  from the lobby , and look for a new lobby  my radar can’t pick up that server , like it doesn’t exist, I kept getting back to the menue saying lobby not joinable. I have to keep flushing cloud or restart app for me to connect to that server again. But when I put my console on spectating mode I connected really fast to server from different states. I don’t want that. I want to connect to the one in Florida with filtering mode on. Any idea why this happening? Can’t connect to the server inside my radius circle smh

Fast search can override you geo filtering settings and I do not use it because of that as do many others who are aware of this.Have you not white listed the server that you want to connect to so that you connect to it all the time, all you have to do is add it to your allowed list.

• Administrators

Could you take a picture of your Geo-Filter settings please, with the options expanded on the Geo-Filter map?

Thanks

9 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Fast search can override you geo filtering settings and I do not use it because of that as do many others who are aware of this.Have you not white listed the server that you want to connect to so that you connect to it all the time, all you have to do is add it to your allowed list.

I have fast search disable I did everything. Nothing make any difference. I even do a hard reset I lost count how many time I did that , but I will add it on my list again to see if that make a difference 

• Netduma Staff

It'll be the game being picky about which server it's allowing you to join to. Black Ops 4 is a nightmare for this. If I were you I'd increase the radius to include the Dallas server as well, and maybe ones further up the coast. You'll still get a great ping to them - bear in mind your data travels at the speed of light, the ping difference to them won't be a lot.

Maybe try a higher Ping Assist value as well. If the game is being annoying then these are the kinds of steps you'll need to take.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing. Settings looks fine. When you boot up the game, look at the map. Do you see a server in Florida each time? In theory, the game should continue to give you that server.

However, if it's busy, it will often try to give you a different server, This is when the Geo-Filter blocks the further server, and you'll get lobby not joinable. You should then be able to search again to find a better server for you.