[DoS Attack: Ascend Kill]

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, Zaroo said:

Their thinking is the "TCP/UDP Echo from source: 212.69.40.23, port 53" might be classified as DoS 

I’m getting similar, Dos attack: TCP/UDP Echo from source 118.26.141.212, port 3363 I should just rules those out?

Yes ignore that. Mine are not DoS attacks its the routers firewall having an issue with DNS servers on port 53, this has appeared only on this firmware for myself and a few others have seen similar issues with port 53 what you are seeing is not related and is nothing to worry about, you will see "DoS" attacks alot, mostly its just the white noise of the internet and if its listed your router has blocked it. A true attack would take you offline, its just router traffic and port scans which happen everyday. Best leave the logs alone unless you are having issues and someone has requested the logs. You have nothing to worry about. :)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Yes ignore that. Mine are not DoS attacks its the routers firewall having an issue with DNS servers on port 53, this has appeared only on this firmware for myself and a few others have seen similar issues with port 53 what you are seeing is not related and is nothing to worry about, you will see "DoS" attacks alot, mostly its just the white noise of the internet and if its listed your router has blocked it. A true attack would take you offline, its just router traffic and port scans which happen everyday. Best leave the logs alone unless you are having issues and someone has requested the logs. You have nothing to worry about. :)

Just catching up with this thread. Hopefully you get a chance to grab the debug info when it happens again. 🤞

• 7 months later...

should this Dos attack be a concern ?

[DoS Attack: Ascend Kill] from source: 89.248.168.217, port 39552, Friday, October 18, 2019 12:40:42]

... i have NO Ties to the Netherlands...??

89.248.168.217 info

whois-89-248-168-217.jpg

iplookup89-248-168-217.jpg

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

No. most mention of DoS attacks are just standard port scanning stuff.

ok...so whoever this residential pr**k is in the Netherlands is only port scanning the routers IP....? 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, xlr8r said:

ok...so whoever this residential pr**k is in the Netherlands is only port scanning the routers IP....? 

It is more likely someone you've come across when playing online or something along those lines. You're in N.Ireland so if you connected to a server in London for example it's possible they also connected to that server.